DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new here thanks for letting me in this club. I got a 2006 Ram 1500 short box 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi. Anyways last week i fired my truck up to make a bottle return run i let it warm up for about 10 min while i loaded the bottles up. Headed down the road and it was running good for about 3 miles. Came to a stop and noticed an exhuast tone change, followed shortly by the truck running like shit, felt like the thing gonna rattle apart, CEL came on and flashed, brought to a mechanic, scan said random misfire p0300 ans P0301 cylinder 1 misfire. He changed the plugs in that cylinder, swapped coils tried a couple new coils, still misfires cylinder 1. Took the truck home did a bunch of research and here i am. He also did a compression test and it was were it needed to be i guess never dis tell me what it read. So i have changed all the plugs, cleaned the throttle body, new crank position sensor, listened to the injector(sound like its firing), i have smoke tested for vacume leaks, All my research after all this has pointed to a cracked valve spring.... well after pulling the valve cover everthing seems to look good. Turned the engine over(by hand of course) and watched all the valves and push rods do their thang, intake opened up a good amount bout the same as the others and exhaust opened up like the rest too. So with that being said what else could it be. Bad injector maybe, my mechanic suspected catalytic converters, or im kinda leaning toward a bad mds solenoid but wouldnt any of those throw a code any help will be appreciated thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts