DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm a newbie. I have a 2006 2500 Turbo with only one mod. The air filter and box has been changed by the previous owner. I'd have to look again to see what brand it is. Anyhow, I'm using the truck for more leisure driving right now but plan to tow a large trailer (20+ feet) for motocross with part of it for camping. I'm looking to increase the fuel mileage from 17 mpg combined to at least 20+ mpg. After doing some research, it seems I need to start with some sort of chip or programmer. Anyone have any ideas and/or point me in the right direction for the best product?

·
8,070 Posts
A programmer is definitely the best option to increase power and maybe a bit a fuel economy depending on what tune you run. For a 2006 I would recommend EFI live tuning. Draconian Diesel and Anarchy Diesel are the two main companies I know of who offer it.
If you want to stick with box tunes H&S makes the best diesel tuners on the market but they are very expensive because of what is happening with the EPA cracking down on diesel tuning. SmartyJR, and RaceME are two other good tuners on the market right now.
With H&S you can buy an MCC unlock code down the road which will allowing custom tuning. Definitely a nice feature to have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts