DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I endeavored to install a new head unit for my truck today (sucks not being able to listen to your Ipod with the factory head unit). I bough a cheap Scosche wiring harness from Walmart (yeah I know now it wont work I guess). Well after I splices all the wires to the harness like I thought they were supposed to be, I turned my truck on and the unit briefly powered up, then subsequently died. I now have reading on my odometer that says "no fuse". I also reinstalled my factory radio and now it won't come on either. I guess I blew the fuse. Two questions here: What fuse do I need to replace and what type of wiring harness do I need? I have the Infinity Premium Sound system with an amp, no navigation system and steering audio control (not crucial that I retain the steering audio control). Sorry this post is so verbose, just trying to clearly convey my question. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok I found the fuse and fixed that problem. No I need to know what type of harness to get.
Look on crutchfield.com for your year and make sure you select the premium sound stereo option. Then you can order it from them or go to Mickey shorr and grab one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts