DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The interior of my truck smells horrible (like dead fish). It is not coming from the heater, air vents or anywhere obvious. Any suggestions before I bring it to the dealership. It started after a two day torrential rain....nothing is obviously wet and the smell cannot be isolated to anywhere in the cab, under the seats, behind the seats....etc.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
873 Posts
how about yur shorts........ :doh:

lolo

sounds like mildew has been building up in the vents...
find yur fresh air intake vent ... turn heater on high .. engine running of course.. spray a whole can of lysol in the fresh air vent...

if that does'nt cure it .. i would be talking to my friends eye to eye and see if they know anything about it

·
Registered
522 Posts
how about yur shorts........ :doh:

lolo

sounds like mildew has been building up in the vents...
find yur fresh air intake vent ... turn heater on high .. engine running of course.. spray a whole can of lysol in the fresh air vent...

if that does'nt cure it .. i would be talking to my friends eye to eye and see if they know anything about it

:box:............Yep what DD said!!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The interior of my truck smells horrible (like dead fish). It is not coming from the heater, air vents or anywhere obvious. Any suggestions before I bring it to the dealership. It started after a two day torrential rain....nothing is obviously wet and the smell cannot be isolated to anywhere in the cab, under the seats, behind the seats....etc.

Thanks for the help!
Like the others said.......................Old prank to secrete a dead fish somewhere near an air intake! :Wow1:

·
Registered
541 Posts
If that doesn't do the trick, then some charcoal under the seats might help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Frankly I can't agree with Desert Dog , boostjunkie or Rambler .You say the interior smells like dead fish and they suggest checking your shorts ? Now how dumb is that ? I ask you ...Anyone knows that you should start by checking your girlfriends shorts first. Then and only then would I look to my cars interior ,especially the heater core .That is where most often some jerk, under the guise of friendship ,spreads Limburger cheese .Although I've never had either of those situstions happen to me ..it is possible .I'll tell you what has happened to me that created a similar stink. I have found at different times ,since living here in Florida a 4' balck snake,a squirrel and a Pametto rat dead under the hood of my car. The further I drove and the hotter my engine got ,the greater the stink. I is positivly strong enough to penetrate the cabin's interior. I suggest that you raise the hood ( bonnet) while the engine is hot and check there for the smell. The snake I found dead was wpapped around the heater and looked like a part of the hose work .The rat was down between the engine and Battery .The squirrel was in plain sight on top the engine void of and body hair .But in any event I wishing you a sweet smelling Christams.
Roadie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check to see if you don't have have a in cabin filter that can be changed. Sometimes these get moldy and have all kinds of nasty stuff that decomposes. It's a regular maintenance item on most newer vehicles.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey MadDog, do our 3Gs have Cabin Air Filters?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts