The interior and dash lights on my 2007 1500 Quad cab went out, kept blowing the CCN 15 amp fuse. After reading several posts and numerous attempts to locate, I decided to look for something simple. I had the problem "fixed" at the dealer previously under warranty. A year after warranty expired the problem returned. I pulled down the drivers visor to check light wiring and also pulled down overhead console, no problems there. Even though the passenger visor is rarely used, i pulled it down too. The wiring did not come out as far as the other one at first. I jiggled the wires around and finally got down to the connector. THERE WAS THE PROBLEM! Just above the connector the wire was bare and melted. I repaired the wire and added a healthy dose of Gorilla tape for better protection. One word of caution, if you reach into the wiring cavity (like I did) be careful. It is extremely sharp in there and will easily cut your hand. Thanks to all who posted ideas here, helped a lot.