DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my speakers in the doors on my mega cab. I have the infiniety sound system and I want to know a few things

1) What are all of the speaker sizes and locations?
2) Can I just swap the speakers out and keep it simple or do I need to change the wiring or amp in anyway?

I am looking for any help on this and thanks in advance

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can only throw down that the Front Door Speakers are 6x9"s.... I swapped mine out. direct replacement. Powered off a Kenwood deck. BE AWARE!!!!!! Check the mounting depth of the speakers!!!!! I almost lost the tint off the inside of my windows due to the new Kickers being much deeper..... Installed a make shift spacer between the door and the back of the new speaker and was away to the races... Total time for install.... about 1h. Pretty easy.
Good luck! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Id like to ask a few ? also. Mines an 08 qc basiclly the same, will new speakers on this 7 speaker infinity system sound any better at all? the bass just pops mine and it really dont sound great! wifes trailblazers bose sounds so much better.
I believe the frt dashes are 3.5", frt doors are 6x9's and the rear doors are 5-1/4" which may be differant on a mega cab.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You may have to do a bit more research. I have seen some where all the speakers are 6x9's, with the exception of the 3.5" tweets in the dash. If you do upgrade, take a look at the FACTORY kicker upgrade kits available for your Ram. I have a 2010 CC, and I am looking at doing the kicker upgrade. You really can't go wrong with the factory upgrades. If you can't find anything out, go to your local dodge dealer and ask them what is in the doors of your truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts