DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, I’ve received some suggestions from members to post my build on here... my previous rig was a 2012 Nissan Frontier that was built for off-roading. Upon further development with that rig, I realized it was a tad too much for a daily driver, fuel efficiency, etc.
So upon lots of research, internal evaluation, and recommendations from my family who swear by dodges and live in Alaska, I decided to buy this super clean 2007 ram 1500. My main goal for this rig was for it to be my dd and to be able to take my girlfriend and dog up in the mountains on adventures. Here it is when I first got it, bone stock, except for aftermarket leather/heated seats and an aftermarket exhaust system.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My lady friend complained about wind noise coming from the antenna so here’s a lil antenna. Looks sleek. No excessive noise. And the Radio signal is still good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a hitch cover off Amazon. Will rhino line or use some other surface liner on the hitch to hide the rust

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of my fog lights wasn’t working and had a crack in the glass so I decided to buy these Z off-road led fog lights. They work really well! Highly recommend.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And now for the fun stuff... had a local shop install bilstein 5100s front struts set at 2”. Along with 17” pro comp 32 series, and 285/75/17 toyo at3s. I can honestly say the ride quality had improved significantly from stock. Before when I would hit bumps in the road my steering wheel would shimmy a little and had fair amount of play... now everything feels nice & firm. Not to mention the taller tire and plenty of sidewall makes the ride very smooth.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Long story short, assumed it was the brake light. Applied a new gasket + some adhesive to see if that would fix the leak. Found out it sadly still leaked after applying a new rubber gasket. So I did some investigating and poured water in the track below the brake light and the rear window... I could hear water dumping onto the ground through the drainage holes, but just as I expected water was spitting out onto my seats and behind them, therefore I determined the leak was actually due to the rear window seal. Took the rig to safelite glass shop in town and they pulled the rear window off, resealed it, I paid $150, and they sent me on my merry way. Went through a car wash to test and no leak.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Purchased a single din pioneer unit. Sounds really good with the infinity factory speakers. I chose not to go with the double din because I couldn’t justify paying $200 more for apple car play (navigation) and just to play movies.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had some fun in the mud. Ok it was a lot of fun. But I had less fun spending about an hour pressure washing all the mud off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How she sits today. Very happy with the rig. I don’t see any future mods or upgrades for now. But I’ll be sure to keep this thread updated with pics and stuff, if y’all want.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update: Got lucky and snagged an ARE camper shell for roughly the same make and model. Shell is for a 2008 ram2500 and mine is an 07 ram1500. Color matched and everything, for $400. Super happy with the purchase because now I can keep the cab clear and have a place to keep all my gear and my dog, which allows me to finally put the back seats down. My plan is to either do a DIY storage drawer system or bite the bullet and get a DECKED system. Ultimately I want to make a nice sleeping platform for future camping trips this summer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lastly, I put in an order for a custom carhartt dash cover from covercraft because I’ve heard the dashes are notorious for cracking so I wanted to be proactive. Will post pictures when I receive that. Also, I had to remove the little spoiler/fin thingy on the tailgate to fully close my camper shell, which ultimately left 4 bolt holes in the tailgate. After a lot of research I ordered the Wade 01477 bed tailgate protector as replacement to hopefully cover up those holes (only $33) which was a lot more intriguing to me than painting or buying a new tailgate. I will post further updates when I get the chance. Take care y’all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts