DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 Ram 2500 SLT 4x4 5.9L Cummins will not crank over. When key is turned on fuel pump runs constantly, Dash lights are on except for shift position, lights all work, blinkers work, radio. When turning key to start all lights go off on dash except for mileage and fuel pump stops as long as you hold the key. I tried to hook up diagnostic tool to read the fault codes but none that I have tried can establish communication. I have checked all fuses inside the TIPM and checked voltages across each one. everything there seems to be fine. I jumped the starter and it works fine. I have new batteries so can't be the batteries. This all started when I tried to install bullydog programmer. When doing so it never established communication. Talked with bully dog and they insure me that it is not the cause of the problem. For months before this I had been hearing a beaping sound while driving down the road. As if the truck was giving a fault. I payed no attention to it because everything was working fine. One other important thing is my key for the truck has been dead for at least a year and I have been using the key to open the door each time I get in. When I set the lock on the truck and I go to unlocki with the key the alarm goes off and I have to hurry and put key in ignition to stop the alarm. Please I need help seriously. I was trying to avoid going to the dealer so I didn't have to spend all that money. I have been trouble shooting for the past 3 days and I just can't figure it out. How do I check the power to the ECM, WCM and PCM? Somewhere I read if you get a direct short that the ECM will shut down if this is the caSE HOW Do I find out if it is shutdown and how to get it back up/ So many senarious but mind isn't the same as anyone's I have read so far. Biggest thing is that I'm not getting past ignition. Well hope someone can help with this issue.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Welcome to the Ram Forum " Z " Family golf9huntercarl :wavey:

I hope you will not be upset that I'm moving this to a thread
where you'll most likely get a quicker reply then the Newbie
thread ;)

Good Luck !

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow! You've been waiting 2 weeks for help. Sorry no one's been able to help. Hope you have it fixed by now, but just in case, did you get any trouble codes? Done the cluster actuator test? It can also hold clues to problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not working 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4wd SLT 5.9L

No I have not fixed the truck. I will probably bring it in to Dodge tomorrow. I give up I have tried a lot of things but no success. I found a problem with my voltage going to the Fuel pump. The voltage jumps from 12.7 to 11.45 about 2 yes every second. I tested voltage at the plug and also at the TIPM were it ordinates. Other problem I have is that the only key I have is broken. Only the key it elf remains. It was run over year or so back and I haven't replaced it. I wish there was away to bypass the security key so I can tell if this is my problem. If anyone knows how to test security key with the ignition please let me know.

·
Registered
376 Posts
No, sorry, I don't know anything about the security key problem. Dealer may be the best place, just don't know.

I forgot to ask if you can get the codes on the odometer. Here's how: Don't start it, but turn the key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON quickly (~5 seconds). leave it ON and watch the odometer. It will flash any trouble codes slowly one after the other, and when finished, will flash Pdone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doesn't work and also I can't establish communication with any scan tool. I have tried at least 3 different types without any success.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just wondering if you found out what the problem was with your truck not starting.
Did you have to change any wiring for that programmer, or is it plug and play?
Sure sounds like ignition switch or starter relay. Maybe even a blown fuse, since you can jump the starter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was gonna say starter relay or fusible link to it. Given that I'm a total noob to the forum you may disregard this, but I do have almost 30 years experience as an automotive tech, and am on my second '03 Dodge... and to put the icing on the cupcake, I've seen a couple of starter relays lay down and die for no good reason at all.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm not very knowledgeable about diesels, but I can do ok with wiring diagrams.

I now have diagrams for this model, and can't find a yellow wire on the ignition switch.
The start output is DARK GREEN/YELLOW.

Also, can you check pin 16 on the DLC connector for 12 volts?

Here are the fuses you asked about for the PCM and ECU:
28 10 Amp Red IOD #2 (Audio)​
31 10 Amp Red Powertrain Control Module (PCM), Transfer case Brake Signal​
42 30 Amp Pink Diesel PCM​

1 - 10 of 10 Posts