DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings guys, need a little help! I have a 2007 Ram with the NON NAV 4 speaker system in it, and I just bought the Pioneer avic-x930bt to replace it. I bought everything to install the unit, to include a pioneer back up camera. My question is "What do I need to do to get the camera to come on when I put the truck in reverse?" I'm getting ready to order a harness ( Metra xsvi-6502nav - wire harness) But I saw some guys mention the PAC harness? Does the truck need to be reprogrammed for the camera to know it's backing up?...Confused! I did a search and still confused:4-dontknow:

I haven't started the install yet!
Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you hookup the head unit there is a reverse wire at the head unit harness. I used the PAC harness. See my thread here. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=99778&goto=newpost
I understand the wire off the back of the new HU, but my truck didn't have a factory NAV unit, so will the conversion harness I'm using (XSVI-6502) work in this application...saw an article about running a wire back to the reverse lights...as a work-around to this concern:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I didn't have factor nav eather. The wire should still be there. I didn't use that harness but it looks like it should work. You will need to run a wire from your camera to the reverse lights to power the camera. You hook up the appropriate wires at the head unit but you still need power and ground for the camera which you will hook up behind a tail light.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't have factor nav eather. The wire should still be there. I didn't use that harness but it looks like it should work. You will need to run a wire from your camera to the reverse lights to power the camera. You hook up the appropriate wires at the head unit but you still need power and ground for the camera which you will hook up behind a tail light.
That's what I expected...was hoping to find one under the dash..Thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts