DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L 2wd QC and am looking to do a mild lift (and/or spacers, coil, blocks) to get around 3 inches of lift. Does anyone know of any kits, spacers or new coils that will lift the front 2.5-3 inches on a 2wd to squeeze 35's with no or minimal rubbing? I found that ReadyLift claims that their 2.25in spacer allows for a 35inch tire... has anyone installed that particular kit? You can find it on page(s) 18-19 at http://www.readylift.com/catalog/

E

·
0 Posts
I don't know if this will work or not. Never tried it. But, seeing what it takes to fit 35's under a 4WD truck and needing at least 4" of lift to do that, and the fact that a 4WD is traditionally higher in front than a 2WD; I seriously doubt this will work.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Makes me wonder though, the tires on mine are 275/60/20 which come out to 32.99 x 10.82, so maybe with just a couple inches you could get 35s. I dunno, Im no expert on this

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to Raul at Ready Lift today and they said that the 2.25 inch coil spring spacer for the 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd will be available late Feb. early March. I talked to one of the techs and they told me that you will be able to clear 35x12.5 no problem (Aftermarket wheels). They tested theirs on a 9 inch wide wheel with 5.5inch backspace and I believe +12 offset. I can see how 35 would fit, stock tires on oem 20's are pretty much a 33. Just make sure the 12.5 inch wide tire clears the upper control arm and sway bar, picking the correct wheels would be the key....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont want to wait until then so I decided to go with a 2.5 inch spacer from SoCal Trucks and a 1.5 inch block. Once I get that kit installed on my truck Im going to have my buddy at discount tire do trial and error with tires to see what will and will not work. Ill keep everyone posted and get some pictures up as soon as I finish her.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my 2.5 inch spacer from socal trucks, there are very few shocks out there that will work with the 2wd after installing a spacer. That was fun trying to find and everyone you call that knoew of what works will not give a part number over the phone. The rear end kit is from rough country (1.5 inch block). Oreily's worked with me and found a rancho shock that worked, its the shock suggested for the 2500/3500 2wd. I went with the 18x9 Xd Spy Machined and 35x12.50r18 Toyo MTrs. The guy at the local 4x4 shop said hes done 2wd (2.5 inch spacer) with 4.5 inch backspace and -12 offset and 35's fit. The guys at discount tire have all assured me that 35's will work and they have worked with dodges with this application before. Ill get some pictures up asap. Anyone else out there running a 2wd and 35's?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

here is a picture of the finish product. 35x12.5r18 Toyo Mt and 18in Xd Spy. The spacer ended up giving a 3 inch lift in the front and 1.5 inch in the rear. New shocks, and discount tire did minimal wheel wheel trimming on some plastic to avoid rubbing.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Can't see the picture.
I have a 08 2wd 1500 as well. I just put 3" lift spindles in last week and will add the 1.5" spacers in a few weeks once my back starts acting right again. I want to run 35s but I have to wait until I wear out my factory tires. I'm interested to see how good your's works and looks!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I got the Rough Country ones. They were for the 02-05 models, but I took a chances anyway. About the only difference is where the ABS sensor mounts according to the shop that installed them. I also went with 2"-3" adjustable shackles. They are on the 2" setting right now. When I get the front spacers in and new shocks all around, I'll put the shackles on the 3" setting.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have a 2.5 lift from daystar with 33's fit perfect. I think that 35's could fit under my wheel wells

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Granted , my truck is a '01 . I have the 2" Daystar coil spring spacers on my 4x4 and have 315/70/17 (almost 35's) on my stock 17x 9 off road wheels . They rub on hard turns . Nothing that I can't live with .

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a question if anyone can help me im looking for a 2.5in lift in the front for an 08 but i cant seem to find any im trying to put 35s on my truck and i was wondering if anyone knew of a 2.5in lift

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey just wondering where did u find ur lift at bc i have a 2wd 08 dodge and i was looking for a lift that will work and so i can fit 35s
BigHorn2008, I got a spacer from socalsupertrucks.com, give them a call. Its a cst 3 inch spacer that they shaved down (thats how they do all 2wd rams). Total height when I measured them was around 2 and 3/4, just call them and tell them that you want that spacer shaved down for a 2008 2wd dodge ram 1500. If you have the hemi make sure and tell them that too. If you dont have the hemi (hemi is much heavier), you can get new springs insted of spacers- http://www.socalsupertrucks.com/socal/productdetails.jsp?pointer=221&subcatpointer=5&make=DOD&model=RAM2&year=2006&drive=2WD .

After installing that spacer, you will have to get new shocks! I found Rancho RS5000's p/n RS5279 work perfect. After new shocks and spacer, I got 3 inches of lift. I got the rough country 1.5 inch block, ubolts, and shocks for the rear. TO FIT 35'S YOU WILL HAVE TO RUN A WHEEL THAT HAS A 4.5 IN BACKSPACE AND A -12 OFFSET. I got the XD spy 18 inch wheel with 4.5bs and -12offset and Toyo Mud Terrain 35x12.5r18 (measures 35x13) and discount tire did minimal trimming on the finderwells to ensure no rubbing. It doesnt rub at all and you cant tell they did any trimming. Look at previous posts in this thread for my picture with these tires and wheels. More pics to come. Hope this helps

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wow was the first one wrong. He says you need a 5" suspension lift to fit 35s on a 2wd? I have 35s on my 2wd ram with NO LIFT OR LEVEL WHATSOEVER. They fit. They fill the fenderwells pretty good but they fit lol, and I get a lot of compliments on the size of the tire. Don't let that discourage you. If anyone wants pics I'll post on request.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Wow was the first one wrong. He says you need a 5" suspension lift to fit 35s on a 2wd? I have 35s on my 2wd ram with NO LIFT OR LEVEL WHATSOEVER. They fit. They fill the fenderwells pretty good but they fit lol, and I get a lot of compliments on the size of the tire. Don't let that discourage you. If anyone wants pics I'll post on request.
Yes, post pics please! I want 35"s.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts