DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little background. The battery started dying on the remote and I had to hit the unlock several times before I could change the battery.

Now that I have changed the battery the truck is acting very odd. I can lock the truck and walk away and it will unlock itself mutliple times and even roll the windows down a few inches. I can lock it back and it may hold and may not. I've come out of Walmart with my windows down and come out to go to work and the truck is unlocked and windows down.

Could there be a buffer from when I hit the button so many times and if so how do I clear it?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Is the button getting hit when its in your pocket?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought at first but I've made it a point to keep them in my hand when I get out and it still does it. I am going to try unhooking the battery for a bit and see if that clears anything. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Yeah I didn't mean to insult your intelligence but on days when I work out legs and my jeans fit tighter my fob has inadvertently pressed buttons I didn't want to. Maybe a BCM gremlin then

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I saw your post and thought i`d let you know what I found. I had the same thing. Come out and my windows would be down and truck unlocked. Sitting in my garage I would lock it with the switch on the door and then it would unlock and roll the windows down. So somewhere i read that if you hit the unlock button twice and hold it the second time that it would roll the windows down.
Try to make the story shorter... my remote was shorting the unlock buttton out and I switched to my second and it solved the problem. You can get replacement outsides for the fobic key and keep the insides. Cheaper than a all new key.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts