DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi everyone! I just bought a 2009 1500 bighorn and I want to put rims and tires on it but I'm not too familiar with them. Please give me suggestions on what would look cool. My truck is white.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
There are a lot of wheels out there to choose from. Couple of questions for ya:

Do you plan on lifting or leveling the truck?

Do you want a contrasting color or do you like chrome?

There's some info here on wheels and tires that will help. Basic stuff like wheel sizes, offset, backspacing, tire section width and tire height with stock or leveled or lifted suspensions.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I have a 2wd 09 Big Horn with a 1.5 level kit up front. These are my dick cepek torque 20x9's with 305/55's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I plan on gettin a leveling kit 4 inches in the front and 3 in the back. I want the rims to be black. I was was thinking of having the rims to be 18inches in diameter an the tires to be around 35 inches in diameter. But I really don't know anything else. And thanks for helping.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I would say look at the fuel wheels I have seen a few different styles on lifted white and silver f150's and my friend has a ser of 18's with 37's in his H2 and they look good. I wanted a set of them myself but these were a few hundred cheaper.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Depends what you wanna do with the truck. Nitto has a pretty good selection in a lot of sizes from a terra grappler all terrain to a trail grappler mud terrain. Bfg makes good tires but they are usually more money. The coppers zeon ltz I had in the pic are a great tire but they don't have that many sizes. There are other brands and I'm sure someone else can recommend some good ones but I have run nitto tires on my sport and muscle cars and some trucks and have never had any problems.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
They do make my Dick cepek wheel in 18's in 2 colors now also and they are pretty good price. My 20's cost me $800 with tax, rebuild the tpms, mounting and balancing so I can imagine 18's are probably cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts