DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. I have 192,000 Miles on it. I have a cylinder 3 misfire (looking into it seems more than common). I changed spark plugs, I switched coil packs, and tested the fuel injector (it "passed" the test). I have even done the pressure test for the intake of the cylinder, and it apparently was pushing only 30 psi. I was told 150 psi is what is passing.

Here is what I need suggestions with
  • Should I get it repaired, and how much could I expect to pay ($2,500?)
  • Should I not even try and find the root of the problem and trade it in?
  • Is there a 3rd option?

·
Administrator
41,961 Posts
I was recently facing a similar decision with my 08. It was 200,000 KM so no where near the mileage you have on yours but I had some repairs that were needed and it was around $1500 for one thing and then I could feel and hear a bit of clunking in the front end. So I was like do I fix the current issues and wait for the What is Next and decided that this could be the start of some serious and continuous issues. I traded it in (didn't get much but enough) and bought a 2017 Rebel and loving it!! It is a tough call my fear was putting the money into it and then having something else go wrong and then you start to get to the point where you have got so much money in it that you can't trade it in without taking a big loss.

·
Premium Member
32,661 Posts
If the vehicle is in otherwise good condition ...
I would have a local independent shop do some tests, Compression, Leak Down & Combustion tests on all of the cylinders.
With that information, you can base your next step ..
Repair or rebuild that engine, buy a good used replacement engine, or sell the truck

·
Registered
440 Posts
Are you the original owner? If you are, that should be covered under the lifetime powertrain warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts