DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the group here, and hoping to get a little insight into an ac heating issue i have before I even think dealer or mechanic.
As stated in the title, I have a '10 SLT 4x4, and when I start the truck the blender actuator for cold and heat keeps going back and forth but will eventually land on whatever temp I set the manual dial on. Plus the actuator squeaks when it's bottomed out either way (hot or cold).
I've replaced the actuator after I first started hearing it click, which I found some of the teeth on the original actuator were broken inside.
Anyone have any thoughts on where to start looking to resolve this?
Thanks in advance.

Jase.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Might need to recalibrate your blend doors -

HVAC Manual Recalibration :

With the vehicle running set the HVAC blower to low

-Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release.

-Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release.

-The system will perform a brief recalibration and reset faults

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might need to recalibrate your blend doors -

HVAC Manual Recalibration :

With the vehicle running set the HVAC blower to low

-Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release.

-Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release.

-The system will perform a brief recalibration and reset faults
Do the other manual controls need to be in any specific setting?
I.e.Temp and vents
Do I leave them on max a.c. and front vents?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more thing.
There are times when I need to remove the radio dash to get to the wire harness that controls the dials, unplug it and re-plug it to even have ac or heat.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
New to the group here, and hoping to get a little insight into an ac heating issue i have before I even think dealer or mechanic.
As stated in the title, I have a '10 SLT 4x4, and when I start the truck the blender actuator for cold and heat keeps going back and forth but will eventually land on whatever temp I set the manual dial on. Plus the actuator squeaks when it's bottomed out either way (hot or cold).
I've replaced the actuator after I first started hearing it click, which I found some of the teeth on the original actuator were broken inside.
Anyone have any thoughts on where to start looking to resolve this?
Thanks in advance.

Jase.
Hi Jase, sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing! If you do end up having to work with your dealer on this, please know that our team is just a private message away for additional support.

Mark
RamCares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts