DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, happy to have my new-to-me 4x4. When I purchased the truck last week it came with a regular key without the key fob. This key works fine, but it would be nice to be able to unlock my doors with the keyless entry. I bought a couple aftermarket keys on Amazon, but the locksmith said they have the wrong coding (amazon said they were cool). I bought their OEM fob and they programmed it for me for a bit more than I paid online. The fob works fine to start the car, but still does not work as keyless entry.
The truck has auto locks and windows. It’s an ST 4x4 crew cab. I checked every fuse in the fuse box under the hood (1 was blown and fixed the cigarette lighter). I followed a few YouTube videos trying to add a fob and I can get the console to show dashes after clicking to the ON position 3 times. Holding any button after that will display “d0nE” on the dash, but nothing changes.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
It would help if you gave us more information

Like what year, make, model, engine, etc

ST 4x4 crew cab & we can guess that it is a Ram
is it a 1500 or .....

If you have an ACE Hardware store in your area, the sell FOBs & they may be able to program them properly too

The FOB tricks for programming don't work on newer Rams

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure thing. Thanks for the reply.

It’s a 2010, 1500 Dodge Ram ST Crew Cab with the Hemi 5.7L.
I would assume that the fob is programmed correctly as it starts the vehicle just fine, it’s just that it will not lock/unlock the doors. I didn’t know that Ace did that, so maybe I’ll get another and see how that works.

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
When i ordered my Bighorn SLT, i didn't want keyless entry
I just wanted the doors to lock & unlock with the FOB & then stick the FOB into the ignition to start the engine

·
Registered
58 Posts
I upgraded my 2011 ST with the Mopar kit. It included key fobs, a new ignition switch and an antenna I installed under the dash. Not sure if the kit is still offered. It required a trip to the dealer to get sales codes flashed into the body controller. The bonus was I also got remote start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I upgraded my 2011 ST with the Mopar kit. It included key fobs, a new ignition switch and an antenna I installed under the dash. Not sure if the kit is still offered. It required a trip to the dealer to get sales codes flashed into the body controller. The bonus was I also got remote start.
Interesting! I did some googling and think I’ve found the mopar kit. As far as the sales codes, is that something the dealer would know when I mention it, or is there something specific I need to ask for?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting! I did some googling and think I’ve found the mopar kit. As far as the sales codes, is that something the dealer would know when I mention it, or is there something specific I need to ask for?

I found instructions in one of the threads posted in the forum. It requires a specific sequence of programming. The dealer I used kept my truck overnight so they may have consulted someone at FCA. One thing I forgot to mention was you also get a new hood latch that includes a sensor. Adding this option also enabled the alarm option. To save dealer labor hours, I installed the latch and antenna myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts