DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
This is what I plan on doing once I get all my stuff and a little time. I may have to make some adjustments, but this is the general idea. FWIW, I only paid $123 for the LC6i.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well did some looking at the lc6i and i decided to order one.....my credit card told me to do it....lol
Grats, I'm glad you went ahead and pulled the trigger on it.

I will still be using the same setup I posted above, I'm hoping to get some time to work on it this weekend.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Now that the amp and processor arrived, I need to go ahead mod the seats to fold forward and mount the amps on the rear wall. I'm not sure where I will mount the processor yet....need to pull everything apart in the morning to see where it will fit best.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Im prolly puting mine under the drivers seat,4 channel is behind the driver side back seat on the wall,Im going to start wiring for the lc6i today since i still have the lc6 plugs that way when the lc6i gets here all i have to do is plug it in,everything else is installed except the tweets for my components(not sure where to put them yet,thinking about taking the dash 3.5's out and making plates out of plastic for the tweets to mount to)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Oh yea that would be nice to be able to fold the backseat down...lol,i had to take the whole thing out,just on the driver side though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ok a couple questions now that i have everything apart...

1.My kicker 350.4 is going to be powering the front and rear doors so am i still tapping into the factory amp speaker wires for the front and rear doors,and if so do i still need to run speaker wires from the factory amp harness to the kicker amp or will the rca's send the signal without running the wires?

2.Power,can i just tap into the factory amp harness for power or should i run power from the battery to the audiocontrol?Ground also or just make my own ground?

Geez yesterday i thought i had this all figured out.....lol

Or if someone wants to just call me 734-341-8093.....thanks,im having back surgery wednsday and im trying to get all this done by then......lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
For the remote input on the lc6 i was going to try the ignition wire,does anyone know what color the ignition wire is?Unless i tap into some other wire thats better?

And does anyone know why there is 4 wires for the factory sub?should i just tie them together +-+,- to -......for the lc6

·
Registered
205 Posts
And does anyone know why there is 4 wires for the factory sub?should i just tie them together +-+,- to -......for the lc6
Factory sub uses a dual voice coil. 2ohm +2 ohm. Tie them together and you risk burning up the amp.

Help me out here...
Can you post the complete list of everything you are installing?
I can help out, but I need to know exactly what you are trying to get done before wednesday.

·
Registered
205 Posts
.Power,can i just tap into the factory amp harness for power or should i run power from the battery to the audiocontrol? Ground also or just make my own ground?
I plan on tapping into the amp power for my 12v for the lc6i. I will also give the lc6i its own chassis ground.

Where are you mounting the lc6?

As for the remote, it has built in circuitry(GTO) to detect turn on once the speakers get a signal. I'd rather have a true turn on, but I haven't figured that out yet.

BTW, I haven't started on mine because I'm sic as a damn dog right now....dehydrated and gotta stay close to the bathroom....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Red, how did the install go?
Lc6(i) install....
Also installing under the radio.
I will be tapping into the same 12v that the factory amp uses(Red/Yellow also has two 30amp fuses inline).
I will be using the pink/Grey from ignition accessory wire for the Remote turn on(15A fuse inline).
Also plan on using chassis ground.
I've got all the wiring ready, now I just have to pull it all apart and get started.

Let me know how it turned out and if you have any advice on the install....and thanks again for setting me straight on the stuff we discussed. lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
I really chopped up my factory wiring harness when I skipped the amp on a previous install...fixing it now. Dayum-it!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not yet, it looks like this weekend. We will see. I Really did a dick-job on my harness. I've got everything pulled apart--for 3 days now. I will have it completed this weekend. Its been 108 here in OKlahoma, just havent felt the urge to get it knocked out.

I hope all is well with your surgery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lie2me I feel you. I've been in OKC since July 26 from Tucson for work. Found cheap priced Kicker DS25 and DS693's. Dropped the 6x9's in this afternoon (Sunday) and didn't have the will to do the front doors. No shade and in the hotel parking lot. Big improvement on the higher end freqs but just not sure about the lower end. Stumbled on this forum bored in my hotel room and was inspired.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome to the site, Corn. I've yet to drag my arse out in the sun and finish this project. Its pretty overcast right now, and still early. I might try to work on this dayum thing. Tired of having no tunes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drive home wed. so I didn't get to crazy cause thats a long drive with no sound. Hope you get to it soon and I'll keep up with the thread once I'm back home. They say it's gonna cool down a bit so there's your window of, "getter done."

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've all but given up on this project. I am the [email protected] that cut the factory wiring harness rediculously short, so I've spent the little time I have to work on repairing my dumbness. I'm going to finish up what I have done and see how it works, if it don't work like I want it to, I'm going to have an RBZ for sale. If its not to standard by Friday at noon, I'm yanking everything out.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts