DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After weeks of research, countless hours on youtube, and 3 hours at the shop.....IT'S DONE!!! :SHOCKED:
Step one

Out with the old, in with the new....

See ya CRAP Y!

Almost shot a video of this!!! :)

Much better!!!!

How it crosses to the other side of the truck to hit the Y

It sounds GREAT on start up, slightly deeper tone at idle without being louder, and sounds WICKED at WOT. I'll throw the before and after videos up when I find a quiet place and a throttle operator!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's actually not much louder than stock, just sounds WAY better to me. I wanted to stay away from loud, so I got the 18". Flows way better as well, motor seems to spool a little smoother now.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Are those still the stock cats?

Is that just a "universal" Y, with pipe routed at the muffler shop?

I saw this thread and your post on another thread and I am curious.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is correct. They cut the pipe at the outlet of each cat and ran new 2.5" tubing to the Y under the passenger seat and straight back to the muffler, stock tailpipes slightly modified to fit the muffler outlets. The Y is magnaflow part 10778.

·
Registered
267 Posts
thanks for the response. sounds good and i will consider this depending on how much the local muffler shops will charge for the pipe and welds

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most definately! I got really lucky on the labor, my friend owns an exhaust shop. It took 3 hours and two whole sections of pipe and he only charged me 3 hrs at 45 bucks = 135. Most shops will probably be around 200-250 for that kind of work. Flows and sounds awesome though!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Shoot, with a couple of aftermarket, high flow cats you could have had true duals all the way back! Your buddy went that far and just about had it ready! Looks great though! Great mod and that rumble at idle is just enough to let you know you have a Hemi and the wot is to die for!( I just got exhaust also lol)

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! I want the AR headers sometime, so it will all get ripped out eventually, didn't want to go crazy now! :) But I did make a much better setup than stock for a whopping 250 bucks!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A little more noticeable in the cab, but not much over stock. Still really quiet at an idle and when cruising

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
very nice sound

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where did you have your work done, Tim? I live in Yukon but have no idea of who to talk to in the OKC area. It sounds awesome btw! Im only sporting a 4.7l but I know that I can get the sound I want if I can find the right place to do the work. :D

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 4.7 liter motors sound great with exhaust too, my buddy has an 06 4.7 with a flowmaster and turn downs, GREAT!!! I got it done at Benders is SW OKC. It's on SW 89th between Santa Fe and Walker. A guy came in while I was getting mine done, and was quoted 150 for a muffler and turndowns. The guy is good! If you need the phone number, let me know!!! :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Magna flow all the way I did my mod about 2 weeks ago and replaced the muffler with a magnaflow left the resonators on sounds amazing

1 - 20 of 146 Posts