DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, recently purchased a 2010 Ram SLT with a 4" Rough Country lift and some 35's..I am now wanting the truck bigger and see alot of people with the 6" lift installing Bilstein 5100's, with these set at max setting do you actually get 2.8" of lift or how does it work, im trying to decide should I go this route with a 1.25 BL or should I just get a 3" BL.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
so, your RCX lift has a 4" Spacer on the top of your strut. When you add the Bilstein 5100's they have 3 different settings, the 3rd one being the 2.8" setting. If you install them add the 5100's set it on the 3rd setting you'll be sitting pretty high, and you'll need something to go in the rear of the truck. The 5100 shocks give you about a 1" lift in the back. Top Gun Customs makes a kit that you could look into. Keep in mind CV angles, tie-rod ends, if your going to be able to adjust them for alignment. I'm quite sure it should be fine. Hope this helps. There's a member on here that has a 6" BDS and he added the 5100's. Just can't remember his name on here.

Please anyone chime in if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sry to talk off the subject but could you post some pics of your truck now as is with the RC lift. All angles like the rear exhaust exit? i am looking to do that and idk how it will look.. Thanks in advance
Because it's a suspension lift nothing changes in relation to the body, i.e. the exhaust stays right where it is. I have the 4" RC lift on my truck.

I added a 1.25" body lift after the picture above, but kept the rear bumper at the stock height. I don't mind the small gap and it keeps me from having to get the exhaust tips realigned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.