DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks good! I had the same setup before i recently added a small body lift. You find yourself having a rubbing at full lock? Those are trail grapplers right?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had two types of rub at full lock, UCA rub which .25 inch rcx wheel spacers took care of, and fender rub which an rcx 1.25 inch body lift took care of. The body lift was cake to install, i had never even helped install a body lift before and i had no issues doing it with a friend that had no experience either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had two types of rub at full lock, UCA rub which .25 inch rcx wheel spacers took care of, and fender rub which an rcx 1.25 inch body lift took care of. The body lift was cake to install, i had never even helped install a body lift before and i had no issues doing it with a friend that had no experience either.
do you have pictures of before and after the body lift?

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Good lookin truck!! Props for doing your own work :D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks really good! love the look with the beefy tires

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's rubbing at full turn with the upper control arm. Ordered some 1/4 spacers to fix it. The tires are Toyo open country MT's

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks. I have been planning on getting new rims and tires, but I have been going back and forth between the 33's or the 35's. Sorry for all the questions, but are those after market or stock?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great looking truck. Are those 35x12.50-20's?. I have the Readylift 2.5/1.5 spacer kit, and a 3" body lift I just installed my self. I'm just trying to figure out if a true 35x12.50-20 will work with the 1/4" spacers. Thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
more details on the BL install please! I had a guy tell me it was a PITA and he wants $500 to do it..

OP..That looks awesome man!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The BL wasn't hard, more tedious than anything. You'll need a angle grinder with a cut off wheel, a 1/2" drill bit, and a small welder for the crush blocks, and a good torque wrench for the body bolts. Oh and a 3 1/2 ton floor jack and some 4x4 cribing . I definently would suggest a nice garage to do it in. I did it myself and took my time, 6 hours one night and 6 hours the next day. If you are semi mechanical, just take your time and you should be OK.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What are the actual size of those tires? Truck looks great btw

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They're 35x12.50/20's...I'm a little skeptical about a 1/4" spacer taking care of the rubbing but we'll see. If not I think some light grinding on the UCA should clear it up. Doesn't really affect driveability but it's annoying as hell for someone who's anal about their vehicles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did the body lift effect the distance between the exhaust tips and the bumper? Or do they move up with the lift? I've never paid attention to how the exhaust is mounted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You will need to raise your exhaust pipes some how, or deal with a 3" gap. I have a Flowmaster American thunder exhaust kit, and was able to loosen my exhaust clamps and re-tweak all the bends so that it fits well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
what all did you order for this? (lift wise...) def looking for this as well. if you dont mind what you pay as well? thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts