DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to do a Cat delete on my 2011 RAM 1500, with the 5.7 Hemi. I've currently got the bullydog GT plus for hemi, AFE cold air intake and just a muffler delete. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to remove the cats yet, and if anyone knows if the tuner i have will permanently remove the code(s) that the o2 sensor is obviously going to throw if i do this. I haven't heard or read of anyone doing this yet. Some feedback would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Everyone will tell you it can't be done, but Diablo Predators used to let you do it. My 05 RT Magnum has no cats and rear O2's turned off. I plan on doing this to my Ram soon. If you know a CMR tuner guy (hemifever) maybe, he might be able to do it, lets say under the radar. It would be only on an off road vehicle, of course. hehe You will need to swap for a Diablo tuner. If you can't get it to happen, PM me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i've looked into diablo tuners recently. That's definitely an option. What about the spark plug nonfoulers over the O2, another method that i have read about, have you personally tried that, or know someone that has? It's an $8 option, but the thing is, if it doesn't work i'd have to weld my catalytic converter back on which i really wouldn't want to do, if it even can be done. I've also heard removing the cat is a fairly dramatic horsepower gain (torque loss, though) is this true?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would like to know this to, as I plan on cat delete once my warranty is up. I did this on my 95 gmc (o2 sensor before the cat). it did not smell like al-gore's fart after that. I hate the way exhaust smells with cats (not that im sniffing tailpipes or anything) lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone know any good high flow cats?suggestions? called flowmaster and magnaflow and both said they haven't made them yet for the 4th gen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts