DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 1500 a week ago here in Washington state. VIN indicates manufactured in US, but door stickers and manuals are for Canada, so I think it was originally sold in Canada and somewhere along the way imported to the US (dealer claims not to know). Truck is immaculate and I'm thrilled with it so far...
After my first tank I calculated my MPG based on the trip miles reading (532 miles/21 gals) and was shocked when I came up with 25 MPG! That got me to thinking that it must be in Kilometers (335 miles/21 gals) which is 16 MPG - I think that probably makes a lot more sense.
So now that begs the question, is my odometer reading in miles or kilometers? Is there a way to determine which it is? The readout doesn't display a "mi" or "km" just a number...
Thanks!
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check speedo

manufacture location is not applicable. My truck was manufactured in the US for Canada and everything is in km. I would say take a look at the speedometer. If it is a metric vehicle the main (bold) values on the speedometer will be kms with the secondary values in mph. Not a foolproof way I guess, but it would be a quick check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts