DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2011-2012 tuning...lets bitch!!

14376 Views 52 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  newfiebullet
How bout we start sending this guy some complaints...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvqJMOQ6FiQ...I've been seriously kicking around the idea of 2012 charger srt8 but I'm not buying another vehicle that can't be tuned. Come on CJD, if you want people to buy your performance vehicles then your gonna have to make them tuneable like the gm and ford's. Anyone got any ideas on where to start sending the complaints?
Reactions: crusher
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,866 Posts
This shit's driving me crazy. One thing I loved about my 04 was the options I had with it performance wise. Then Dodge makes all this headway to talk about performance, even giving us peaks at creations like the 392 Quick Silver Ram and yet we can't have fun with our own trucks. They even produced an R/T version that basically yells out "Go Fast!!", and yet I'm limited to an intake and a muffler Performance wise and it sucks. We may not be a majority but we're an important part of the process. Hell even the 2010 Ram got a Hennessy addition which was awesome until CJD change the ECM on our trucks and encrypted them. It's just a big pain in the ass lol

· Registered
3,866 Posts
I'm confused on how people can't chirp a damn tire. I have the open diff 3.55's (I hate it) but from a stand still can get the 285r22 to smoke up quite a bit. I'll happily post a video when I get my truck back from the shop. If TCM bothers you, turn it off, it is a nice safety feature to have. I used to hate it but when it rains in Florida I have no doubt it's saved my life. I wasn't doing anything crazy, just going up the on-ramp at a normal pace and all of the sudden both rear tires lost grip and TCM kicked in. Without it I would have spun into the grass or over the side I'm sure. Our roads are VERY oily and slick when it rains here.

But really, if it bothers you, turn off the TCM, it's a button on your dash. As far as tuning goes, I can't wait. If Arrington can do better than B&G I'll be very happy as B&G seems a bit to hit or miss to me lately.

· Registered
3,866 Posts
Key word, open diff lol. Easier to spin one tire than 2
lol well ya but other things play a factor as well for the guys with an LSD. I'd imagine it'd be harder for someone who has the 3.25's versus the 3.92's. A guy I know in town has a Sage Brush 4th Gen with the 3.92 LSD and can chirp them at a stop light... No smoke or hard tire marks, but it does squeal... :4-dontknow:

· Registered
3,866 Posts
Sounds like Torque Management and Traction Control is worse on your 12 than it is on my 11 for some reason. But if you really wanted to lay rubber down, than like I've said before, just turn off the Traction Control and you'll do just that every time. A part of the Traction Control system ties into Torque Management. It cuts your power to keep things "safe". Thank idiot drivers who want to blame their mistakes on the manufacturer and won... It sucks, it's over kill yes, but if your at a stop light and wanting to blast off in a blaze of rubber and smoke, push the squiggly button on your dash, brake stand your revs up to about 1500, truck will lurch a bit (for the love of god don't stall it), release the gas and floor it at the same time :D You WILL smoke your tires, not to the best of the trucks ability because TM will cut some power but it's better than nothing. Once a tuner is released than you won't even need to brake stand just floor it and steer that 6000 pound beast in the right direction... straight lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.