DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2011-2012 tuning...lets bitch!!

14385 Views 52 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  newfiebullet
How bout we start sending this guy some complaints...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvqJMOQ6FiQ...I've been seriously kicking around the idea of 2012 charger srt8 but I'm not buying another vehicle that can't be tuned. Come on CJD, if you want people to buy your performance vehicles then your gonna have to make them tuneable like the gm and ford's. Anyone got any ideas on where to start sending the complaints?
Reactions: crusher
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Banned
1,739 Posts
I've had enough of this bs with Dodge regulating what we can and can't do with our truck. Getting me a diesel in the next couple days and it damn sure won't be a Dodge.

· Registered
3,095 Posts

· Banned
1,739 Posts
haha I would definately trade you. But its gonna stay in the family. Giving it to the wife for a DD! Just picked up a 3" body, APM hood and man tires last night :D

Honestly bro, I drove all 3 diesels Friday and the CTD was by far the weakest.....by a long shot. The Dirtymax had it going on for sure, just cant stand the interior:and I was driving some slealth blue charcoal badass colored Denali! Probably go with a Ferd for the overall package :S

Believe I forgot to pm you back, I got alot of pm'ing to do in the next few hours :D

· Registered
4,434 Posts
I was talking to a guy that writes encryption code for aircraft & other things
he gets requests for his company to crack codes every now & then
they set up a machine or 2 & put a code breaker to work, it runs constantly until the code is broken
No one has the resources, money included, to have a machine dedicated to breaking a code to run for 24 hours a day for a week, or until the code is broken
we are not talking 128 bit code, it is either 256 or 512 encryption

Mopar should come out with their own Predator Tuner, they could easily make their money back

Maybe they just want to sell a lot of these :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4oO_3KXdk
Sorry but that trucks looks like i ate skittles got drunk and puked it up silver and red not feeling it and red mirriors come on dodge

· Registered
3,095 Posts
haha I would definately trade you. But its gonna stay in the family. Giving it to the wife for a DD! Just picked up a 3" body, APM hood and man tires last night :D

Honestly bro, I drove all 3 diesels Friday and the CTD was by far the weakest.....by a long shot. The Dirtymax had it going on for sure, just cant stand the interior:and I was driving some slealth blue charcoal badass colored Denali! Probably go with a Ferd for the overall package :S

Believe I forgot to pm you back, I got alot of pm'ing to do in the next few hours :D
ahaha i completely understand with the whole PMing thing, when the LED crazy hit I was getting 20-40 a day!!!

As long as your giving it to your wife then its okay lol and the one thing about the CTD... no emissions equip to deal with :D (at least not at first, im pretty sure there is no DPF crap on there) it would come off anyway thought im sure lol

· Registered
563 Posts
im getting tired of this ahhh

if i knew dodge decided to ecrypt there ecu i would of bought a 2010. whats the point of modding a truck if you cant unlock all the mods potential with a tuner. dangit dodge you make me so mad ahhh.

· Registered
152 Posts
Not much of an update but I am currently setting up a Ram Truck for a rep with a mopar cai and exhaust. We got talking and he said that he has a friend in detroit sending him a "performance pcm". It is going to be a product that customers can purchase through mopar. The part number is not avaliable yet but that he has it being sent for his 2012 longhorn. I don't have any more info regarding this but thought I would share.

· Banned
972 Posts
B&G ecu swap. Nuff said

· Registered
563 Posts
if this ecu is actually coming from mopar. it will be pretty pricey. but it would be nice to keep factory warranty. cause it is mopar and they have to support there own performance parts. bring it on. it better be worth it. " if this is true"

· Banned
752 Posts
if this ecu is actually coming from mopar. it will be pretty pricey. but it would be nice to keep factory warranty. cause it is mopar and they have to support there own performance parts. bring it on. it better be worth it. " if this is true"
This is true! Every bit of it :p

Me personally it still does not matter. I only have ever used custom tunes. The first tuner I got was for a 2009 Charger 5.7. A worker I employ and I have a little project car we bought with 70k miles on the ODO we just wanted to make a track car out of etc. Anyways the first tuner was for canned tunes and generic use. All the same no matter what car you put it on. When I sent in a tuner to get it "custom" tuned to the cam we were running along with headers, intake, and exhaust etc etc. We got a pretty big difference in QM times. It gave us almost .350 time difference. Just because the tune was based around what mods we had done at the time. I would love to have that for my truck... I guess anything is better than nothing however? :sad:

Good news to hear though! I can see from being a business man myself why they are going about it like this! Makes them more money and also takes away from all the hassle of warranty issues etc. So I do not ever bag on Mopar, or anything pertaining to them for it, but as most say... I payed the 30k cash for my truck in full, and I would love to do whatever the EFF I want to do to the dang thing.

:LOL:

· Banned
972 Posts
You won't keep your factory warranty. You'll have a little warranty that they give you unless they don't warranty it at all. Look at the ford racing whipple supercharger kits, you only get a certain warranty(1 year/12,000 miles if an approved ford dealer installs it). Now paint and stuff like that you still have but powertrain you only have what is offered when you buy that part

· Registered
563 Posts
Any updates on a tuner.. My father in law just did his new camaro ss sct tuner On his and made on hell of a difference.. I'm pretty jealous ...and pissed

· Registered
120 Posts
if i knew dodge decided to ecrypt there ecu i would of bought a 2010. whats the point of modding a truck if you cant unlock all the mods potential with a tuner. dangit dodge you make me so mad ahhh.
This...

If something isn't done about this in the next year the Ram will be up for sale and I'll be looking at what Ford and GM have to offer....

why the heck would they think this is a good idea in the first place???

· Registered
563 Posts
Yeah I've been thinking of getting a car again cause we're going to have a second baby. Not good for a reg cab. Maybe thinking wrx since I could still have fun and Tune it if I want. If dodge didn't do it to the charger I would go that route... O well

· Registered
202 Posts
I know this is a late post, and it has been beat to death, but COME ON!!

390hp, 407ftlb. Great looks. This is what sold me on this freakin truck, but then I cant even chirp the tires! WHAT......THE.......F$&#!!!!!

The torque management is way overkill, so do I actually have a 390hp truck, NO I DO NOT, FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!! How is it a 390hp truck when the computer kills the power down so much, that I cannot even chirp the tires!?

Ten years ago, I bought vehicles with 250hp and so on, and I could do smokey burnouts, doughnuts in the parking lots, and kick the tail out on long sweeping corners!, The whole reason you buy a muscle car!!!!!!

Now there are reasons they super encrypted the computer,........... so we can't mess with it PERIOD! who is to say that they will ever come out with a tuner. There are a lot of vehicles that suffer from not being popular enough, that they get no performance parts, great for A to B drivers, but WE do not buy those vehicles for those reasons, this is why mustangs, camaros, and challengers sell. FOR GODS SAKE, this is why the aftermarket earsn 12 BILLION A YEAR in revenue.

Ok if you want to do this, but then at least offer something yourselfs, like Mercedes or Porsche does. The American way was to let people modify things, and individualize there stuff, ITS WHAT WE DO!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually considering trading down on this truck for a 2010 or 2009, I bought this with the intentions of modification and personalization. I thought, what a great platform. And I just want what was promissed me at least, a real 390hp and 407ftlb truck, let me decide if I want to beat the crap out of it, and have it fall apart in 30,000 miles, or baby it, and make it last 250,000 miles! It should be this way. I feel like I have been stolen from, and now it may cost me $5000 or more to get an older vehicle, and loose out on this one, and I already put $5200 down on this one, and $2000 in mods!

· Registered
938 Posts
Did not know any of this. Just bought my '12 express last weekend. This sucks, guess I shoulda done my homework... :doh:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.