DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been covered but i've done quite a bit of searching and haven't found much. What kind of performance mods, other than the line booster and TCs, are available for the '11 545RFE, and where can I get them? Moes only lists TCs and all of the valve body kits i'm finding are only for the '10's and older.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Bolt on a Mag Hytec pan for a 68RE, you'll have much more capacity. Try "Circle D" if they make a converter, I love mine. Pretty sure "hemifever" can offer some tuning for yours as well. I run a hot cam in my 05 and he has it shifting at 6300 with the 3,000 rpm converter.:smileup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bolt on a Mag Hytec pan for a 68RE, you'll have much more capacity. Try "Circle D" if they make a converter, I love mine. Pretty sure "hemifever" can offer some tuning for yours as well. I run a hot cam in my 05 and he has it shifting at 6300 with the 3,000 rpm converter.:smileup:
Does this pan clear the exhaust pipe too? I know that the exhaust is fairly close to the factory pan on my 2011 5.7

Same with the differential covers, I was looking into larger capacity covers for the front and rear but was wondering if the stabilizer bars in the front and rear would be in the way

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Does this pan clear the exhaust pipe too? I know that the exhaust is fairly close to the factory pan on my 2011 5.7

Same with the differential covers, I was looking into larger capacity covers for the front and rear but was wondering if the stabilizer bars in the front and rear would be in the way
Yes it clears, I have the same pan. Really the 545RFE isn't a bad tranny, not great, but decent.

Change your fluid every 15k, just a drain and fill. Do filters every other change. Get a deep pan and the sonnax and your tranny will live a long and happy life. Some will tell you your changing your fluid way to often, but these trannys fail fast if the fluid gets burnt or contaminated so a $80 fluid bill every 15k miles is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it clears, I have the same pan. Really the 545RFE isn't a bad tranny, not great, but decent.

Change your fluid every 15k, just a drain and fill. Do filters every other change. Get a deep pan and the sonnax and your tranny will live a long and happy life. Some will tell you your changing your fluid way to often, but these trannys fail fast if the fluid gets burnt or contaminated so a $80 fluid bill every 15k miles is cheap insurance.
That's good to know on the fluid change intervals. Thanks! And is the Sonnax safe to run with the Trinity and/or HemiFever tuning?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts