DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Recently bought a new 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 and am looking to lift it either 4 inches or 6 inches with possibly 35's on 20 inch rims. Could some of ya'll gimme some input as to which manufacturers are preferred when it comes to Dodge Ram lifts? I had a Rough Country lift in my previous GMC Sierra, but someone else might be better when it comes to Rams. PICTURES of your trucks with those lifts would be AWESOME as well! Thanks!

SSG Art Wallace
Ft. Bliss, TX

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had mine leveled and its still has a 1 inch rake in the front..they said they put the biggest one they could on but am a little dissapointed they couldnt completely level it..If you have a warranty (which you would have at least 3 year factory) then if you lift it more than 3 inches it will void part of your warrant..just letting you know cause I asked the dealership..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was figuring that the warranty would be voided, but I've seen with other manufacturers that the warranty wouldn't be voided if you had the dealership install it. I'll just hold off a while before I decide to lift the truck, I guess.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Theres not alot of info on this board about lifts to be honest. You'd have better luck at dodge talk. We've broke down every lift by lift components and specs. Really they are all lifted the same with just a few variations between each company. You'll be happy no matter which lift you choose :D

6" RCX and 37" Swamper

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Candy, your truck looks AWESOME! I think I'm sold on the 6" and 35's. I'll have to most definitely start as soon as I can! Thanks so much for the pics, everyone. It helps put things in a more visual sense.

Art

·
Registered
13 Posts
quick probably stupid question but I have my truck leveled already… do you leave the level kit on when adding a 4 or 6 inch lift kit or remove it.

Thanks hopefully not to obvious of an answer

·
Registered
573 Posts
They should remove it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks. I was figuring that the warranty would be voided, but I've seen with other manufacturers that the warranty wouldn't be voided if you had the dealership install it. I'll just hold off a while before I decide to lift the truck, I guess.
Your warranty will be void in all aspect regarding the lift and anything that directly relates to it and can fail through the addition of the lift. Even if your dealer installs the lift, you will not maintain your warranty through a 3rd party part addition. The only exception is the Mopar Lift which is really a Super Lift with a Mopar sticker.

Most dealers do not install custom parts and don't want liability of such work because then you get into the fine line of "since dealer installed, it should maintain warranty". Your best bet is to get it done at a well known off road shop. They have much more experience and will do a much better job than your dealer who may have little to no experience with lifts.

Even if you install the lift and then your window motor goes bad, the dealer cannot state it is due to the lift and will have to repair it. Now if your wheel bearings go bad for whatever reason they may attribute it to the larger tire size and lift. Some dealers are more felxible while others are rigid on warranties. Depends where you go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.