DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life is good! After searching and searching for mud flaps for my 2011 Laramie Longhorn I found front and rear that fit perfectly with the fender flares. Total cost +/- $100. The problem I was having was that the Mopar molded mud flaps holes did not line up with the holes in the wheel well with the flares. They were about 1/2" short. Anyway, for those out there that are searching for these flaps here is a pic of the part #'s etc.

Also, here is a pic after the flaps were installed - by me of course :gy:. I did use the clear vehicle tape to protect the paint, but once the flap is on you can't even see the tape unless you are looking for it.

And a close up pic of the rear flap. Only thing I'm not super crazy about is the gap at the very top. Wished it would have sucked in better. But, other than that these flaps are perfect!

Now, if I can just find a way to put my brand on them in a material that won't peel or flake off over time.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looks good. That dog ^... not so much... haha. Thats the fattest dog I've ever seen!

I'm having a hard time finding a mudflap that I like. I dont like the look of the mopar molded ones and not a fan of their rubber ones either since they look too narrow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the same color in a 1500. Wish I could afford the diesel.
The sagebrush color is breathtaking (even if you have to pay $250 extra for it!). I was going to get the rugged brown but when I saw this I said ohhhhhh that's the one. Have received lots of compliments on the color.

Diesel is sweet, and a necessity for me pulling horses. But, I had to save my money for a year for a down payment 'cuz I knew the sticker price.

Rayne: have you considered chrome flaps? Or maybe something that would be paintable to a high gloss black finish for the complete look?

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
nice find bud and they look good

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for posting this thread. Been looking for some mud flaps for mine. Looks like these will do and fit a 1500. How do you like the way they install and was there any issues during the installation?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for posting this thread. Been looking for some mud flaps for mine. Looks like these will do and fit a 1500. How do you like the way they install and was there any issues during the installation?
The installation went smooth and quick - took me about 30 min to do all 4 in the rain. And I didn't get in a hurry. The rear flaps came with 2 extra screws (in addition to the screws used that were currently in the fender) for securing the inside bottom of the rear flaps. The only quirk I have is the small gap at the very top of the rear fenders (last pic). There is about a 1/8" gap where it didn't fit exact. This is due to the flap being more rigid whereas the fender flare has a curve. No big deal to me since the rest fit perfectly. I suppose a person could screw in another screw next to the outside of the flare but I didn't want to do that. This is one of those things where you ask yourself: is the wear and tear on the chicken worth the price of the egg? However, the front flaps fit perfectly.

Yay for rep points!!! Next mod...December when I will purchase a bed cover. Have to save my $$$ since it's $1600.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts