DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in the truck this morning and turned the key like I always do and then this;

No Power or illumination on the main gauge cluster. The trailer break controller was flashing a CF error which I never seen before and the Windshield wipers were running (with the switch in the off position).

So I had no turn signals, no speed, no rpm, no head lights, no info screen.

The radio worked though....and the engine was running fine.

Anybody experienced this before? :158:

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
15,664 Posts
nope never had this. i would check fuses. if that turns up nothing, disconnect battery for at least 15 minutes. if that didnt work i would bring it in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update, I drove straight to the dealer and while I was waiting for the service department to open up (about 7-10 mins) since startup out of nowhere everything came back alive...

Maybe moisture got in somewhere and caused a short or something??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another update - day 2:

So the same problem occurred again, always when your running late for work, and now waiting on the truck to wake up. It came alive much sooner then the day prior though.

I noticed throughout the day that the problem was happening on and off again, all I had to do is open the door to see that the middle screen on the cluster was not lit up and I knew it was dead again.

I went to the local parts store and bought some electrical cleaner and sprayed all the connections to the underside of the fuse box under the hood and any other connections that I could see that had some dirt and debris on them.

Day - 3 : No problem with it as of yet, I may have sorted it out with the contact cleaner....maybe wishful thinking however I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Battery!!!!!!!!!!

When my battery puked out on me my brake light was flashing and buzzing at me plus my wipers were going.

If you still have your original battery it's probably dying on you. I bet if you replace it, the problem will go away.

Funny the garage didn't check the battery? Also I was told when the battery gets low enough you can't get your key out, which happened to me also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I will have the battery checked. I am still on my original battery. The truck hasn't been into the garage yet as the next available apt is in a weeks time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is happening to me now. If I leave the truck out overnight and the temperature drops to around 40 or lower, it almost always starts up with no instrument panel lights or gauges, no overhead lights and the wipers come on and wont shut off. After a few miles of driving everything starts working properly again. This happens rain or shine so I think its a temperature thing. If I park in the garage over night I never have had this issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts