DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, my buddy just installed a Gforce chip on his silverado and said he notices the difference. In tone, fuel economy, and power. I find this hard to believe for a 70$ chip....

Just wondering what all you guys think about it, Im frustrated no-one else is coming out with anything. This is the best thing I can find for a few extra hp for the ram.

It advertises GAIN UP TO 60HP lol bullshit.

Here it is anyways, would like to hear everyones thoughts

http://www.gfchips.com/dodgeram1500.aspx

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some things people try to sell just make you shake your head... just curious is anyone has actually "truly" tried something like this though?
I know its only a damn resistor fooling your comp but does it actually do anything??

·
Registered
86 Posts
But whats really funny there is people out there who actually believe this bull crap and they go out and buy it lol

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
But whats really funny there is people out there who actually believe this bull crap and they go out and buy it lol
Just like my buddy lol He says he noticed the difference like I said above?

Im not trying to start a fight with anyone Im just curious if anyone has ever bought this cheap thing just for shits and giggles and it turned out to make a difference??

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
Some things people try to sell just make you shake your head... just curious is anyone has actually "truly" tried something like this though?
I know its only a damn resistor fooling your comp but does it actually do anything??
It tricks the PCM into thinking the air is a different temperature than it is and makes it compensate with more fuel. The Air Ram power wire works the same way, they just don't make outlandish claims with it.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Yep, just as said above it just fools the air sensor. I actually did go out and buy one because they had one heck of a return policy so I figured why not.

Put it on my 05 4.7 and yes there was some difference but I kept reading about basically eliminating the air temp sensor could do some damage to your engine if you say...tow going uphill with the AC on a hot day and the truck still thinks it's nice and cool out.

Anywho from what I gathered from that company they said it just makes the truck think it's taking in really cool air all the time. So the PCM adjusts the air to fuel mixture ratio for whatever they've got that resistor set for. If your lucky I guess you could see gains but I didn't keep it in long..wasn't worth the risk considering I did tow a lot back then...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I think ur better off getting a few new stickers, aren't those like 20 h.p. each? Haha like stated before, save your money!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasn't going to buy one boys lol no worries

Just wanted to see what everyone thought about it

Might get a spoiler put on her doesnt that count for like 35hp??:LOL:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yep, spoiler (especially those massive ricer ones) add 22 hp and each sticker you have on your truck adds 2.5 hp each.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts