DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my RC 2.5" front, 1.75" rear kit installed last night and wheel alignment this morning... Love it. Time for wheels and tires, undecided which wheels I want to go with, looking to stay with 20's and preferably black. Looking at Rockstars, Hostages, or Monsters thus far... Opinions on these or other wheels would be great!

So far I have the leveling/lift kit, Weathertech mats and Flow 2 muffler installed.

Pics!

RC kit was pretty simple. Once we got the first front corner installed, the rest was a breeze. About 3 or so hours on the garage floor. Had to remove the front calipers for extra room to get the struts out, and the RR caliper (hoses limited movement). Spring compressors did help to squeeze the rear coils back in with the spacers installed FWIW. :smileup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks good! gave it a great stance! If it were me I would skip the rockstars, everybody and their grandpa have them... fuel wheels are very nice, I like the monsters as well

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good! gave it a great stance! If it were me I would skip the rockstars, everybody and their grandpa have them... fuel wheels are very nice, I like the monsters as well
Absolutely love the Rockstars but that's exactly what's holding me back...

I'm open to any suggestions, though!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Absolutely love the Rockstars but that's exactly what's holding me back...

I'm open to any suggestions, though!
that was just my opinion, I didnt meen to try and hold you back from them as they do look good and they are probably about the best priced offroad type wheel out there. Like you said, fuel has so really great looking wheels, I have been looking at bmf wheels as well but they are alot more money from what I hear but that might not be true

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that was just my opinion, I didnt meen to try and hold you back from them as they do look good and they are probably about the best priced offroad type wheel out there. Like you said, fuel has so really great looking wheels, I have been looking at bmf wheels as well but they are alot more money from what I hear but that might not be true
Nah, that's just my personal opinion as well. They're pretty played out unfortunately :(

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks good! Im gettin' my leveling kit installed on Friday.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried various speeds and acceleration to check for vibrations/wobbles today..

Nothing at all in 2WD, over bumps, etc.

4WD you can feel a slight shaking when accelerating pretty good from a stop, it's definitely nothing to worry about and is just noticeable, doesn't bother me a bit, especially for the amount I use 4WD. Basically feels like mud in the wheels (and no, there is no mud in my wheels lol, it's from the leveling kit).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts