DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L. Two months ago I changed my transmission fluid along with the filters and pan seal. Ever since the engine has stalled when coming to a stop, but it doesn't happen consistently.

I took it to the dealership where they replaced the EGR valve which didn't fix it. They then ran a quick learn with the transmission which fixed it for a day. I took it to a different shop where they cleaned the throttle body and that solved the stalling issue, but the rpm would still drop to about 300 rpm and return to normal when coming to a stop. Now's it's started to stall again after a week.

Both the dealership and independent shop didn't find any codes from the transmission and said they didn't see any issue with the pressure inside the transmission. I've double and tripled checked the trans fluid level and I'm wondering if there's an issue with the torque converter and if there's something I can do before taking it back to a mechanic?

·
Registered
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited CTD
1,532 Posts
So I've got a 2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L. Two months ago I changed my transmission fluid along with the filters and pan seal. Ever since the engine has stalled when coming to a stop, but it doesn't happen consistently.

I took it to the dealership where they replaced the EGR valve which didn't fix it. They then ran a quick learn with the transmission which fixed it for a day. I took it to a different shop where they cleaned the throttle body and that solved the stalling issue, but the rpm would still drop to about 300 rpm and return to normal when coming to a stop. Now's it's started to stall again after a week.

Both the dealership and independent shop didn't find any codes from the transmission and said they didn't see any issue with the pressure inside the transmission. I've double and tripled checked the trans fluid level and I'm wondering if there's an issue with the torque converter and if there's something I can do before taking it back to a mechanic?
Just wondering if during the process they had to remove any vacuum lines or any got damaged..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is there a mass air flow sensor on the 2011, they can cause low idle issues when dirty, sometimes without codes. Need proper type cleaner to not wreck sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts