DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
First time posting so please go easy on me :)
I have a 2011 ram sport with the 430 Rbz touch screen version 20.02.01 and grace notes 8e6, can anyone tell me what the current version is? I bought the truck used a few months ago and the dealer is useless they want to charge me $150.00 just to "check what the current version is" and I have been online to the my gig site and it tells me there are no current updates avalable but I have also seen the same set up with I think a 50. Something version

Cheers

·
Registered
720 Posts
There are newer versions out for the RBZ but since your's is a 2011, you will brick the radio if you try to update it directly to the 50.xx version.

From an insider with info on the software:

Do not try this update if you have a SW version below 23.04.33 If you do, you'll damage the radio. Unfortunately I did while trying to see if the 50.xx is compatible with 20.02, it's not and there are no error indicators of the incompatibility.
Here is a thread on the RBZ updates. Forum member xsdbs is the man to ask if there is anything newer that you can use. He has multiple posts in the thread.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152121

·
Registered
123 Posts
Another Link Pinned Up Top In This Forum

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=116127

If I remember correctly the first update came on a CD directly from Chrysler in the mail a few years back - That was the first official update , and of course was free

You would think a dealer would have access to this info for free ???

Anyways

Then I installed the two updates posted in those links , in series of course , following the directions

Its just a matter of installing all three updates in series

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Hopefully this link will work, I used this and many others have too.
Click the link for the server and enter user name and password, if you copy and paste the password it will not work.
Just find your mygig unit and all the updates you need to get to the latest update, DO NOT SKIP ANY UPDATES! You will mess your unit up as said above. Easy to do and free.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showt...EW-MyGIG-Software-Update-RER-REW-REP-2-404***

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Go to NavRepair.com and click on downloads. You will find all the updates you will need for any MyGig radio.

As stated, if you do this yourself follow the instructions and upgrade in sequence, do not just jump to update 50.

·
Registered
718 Posts
You are safe to go from 33 to 50 but it's iffy to go from22 to 50 but I'm running 50 on mine

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Is your update formatted to .ISO files. If not, it will not take.

The 430N (RHB) can be up dated to 50.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I don't remember if anyone used a USB to do the update, pretty sure they used a disc or several discs so the radio didn't pick the wrong update to load first.

The Navepair is .ISO form what I can see. If you have Windows XP I am pretty sure it will not update as .ISO. Some people had problems with XP and had to use win 7 or 8.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts