DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out if the sport model 4x4 ram 1500 comes with a lower front suspension than other models from factory. I installed the bilstein 5100's on my truck but it just doesnt look as tall as the pics I see. Ground to fender on stock clad wheels and tires is now approx. 36 3/4, no before measurements. I am wanting to buy new tires and don't want to screw up and order too big if it is sitting lower. Thanks for any anwers:4-dontknow:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
573 Posts
what setting did you use on the 5100's?

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Yea that aint right. My sport set about that stock!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well hell, they are the top notch. Thats where they were in the box. I can't beleive I didn't mesure before the install. Layed the tape measure out there and never did it.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Well hell, they are the top notch. Thats where they were in the box. I can't beleive I didn't mesure before the install. Layed the tape measure out there and never did it.
UhOh...

if you didn't change them from the box, you might be on the lowest setting...I believe mine were set at the lowest setting in the box....

i dont want to sound condescending, but when you say they are at the top setting, were they set with the ring in the slot closest to the shaft coming out of the shock body?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
U called it, had em at the lowest setting. Pulled em out and adjusted and re-installed. Can really see the difference now.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
GooD. To hear it is allFigured out!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Was gonna say...you didn't set them from out of the box....stock height is what you will get.

·
Registered
235 Posts
U called it, had em at the lowest setting. Pulled em out and adjusted and re-installed. Can really see the difference now.

What's the new measurement now that they're at the right setting?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts