DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What are you going to use your tuner for?

• Performance

Votes: 108 64.7%
  • Fuel Economy

Votes: 45 26.9%
  • All the cool kids are getting them

Votes: 14 8.4%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this topic has been beaten to death but when the 2011 tuners are actually released what do you plan on using yours for? Power? Fuel Ecomony? Just to have one to be cool like everyone else?

I plan on attempting to regain some fuel economy lost by lifting and larger tires

·
Registered
248 Posts
If I could regain a bit of mileage from my tire upgrade itd be sweet, but honestly I just want more get up and go. The middle gears feel so sluggish it kills everytime I mat it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
At almost four and half bucks a gallon, I'm shooting for fuel economy. But 1st truck owner and quite new to the uses of a tuner. So if I get one it'll be because all the cool kids have them

·
Registered
164 Posts
Power. I'll be paying for 93 octane every fill up once they release these and I have never even tried the economy tunes out on any tuner for any vehicle I ever owned.

·
Registered
164 Posts
And one thing people may not realize is that a properly tuned vehicle will return both better power/performance and better mpg. Our trucks run really rich stock and leaning them out will net us the horses and fuel mileage we all want.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay I guess my question should have been what tune do you plan on running most of the time 89, 91 or 93 octane?
I guess i'm just curious because I've never ran a tuner before and I'm planning on trying one out on this truck since i've gotten some mods on it

·
Registered
41 Posts
I voted performance. Better fuel economy would definitely be a plus, but lets face it, I don't think we all drive trucks for the gas mileage hahaha.

Had a Predator on my 2005 Magnum RT. Loved it. I changed the shift firmness, rev limiter, speed limiter, disabled MDS (Bad, bad drone from aftermarket exhaust) and increased the throttle sensitivity. Made a fun car an absolute blast to drive. Didn't really miss the MDS because I couldn't keep my foot out of it LOL. Plus I used it to data log the intake temps after I put a CAI on.

I seriously believe it will be a cold day in hell when they are able to release one for 2011+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles. I think maybe they did that so they could release their own Mopar brand tuner. We will see though...

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Performance

If unwanted fuel economy I would have bought a Honda like my
Mom not a Big v8 truck lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the trans program in mds mode but I don't want the cylinders dropping out. It sounds like an import fart can and isn't a seamless transition.
Almost every performance dodge or Ram owner doesn't want the mds... yet they make it impossible to diasble. How do they claim to have great customer service... kinda' looks like they don't give a crap.
Yeah I know... shift down then back up to 5th... every damn time you put it in drive. That changes the trans program too though :(
Earth to Dodge headquarters: give the people, the ones that you make a living from, a method to switch off the mds... stat!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have good news from a consultant at Edge products. Here is the email I received from them just this morning.

Thank you for considering our products for your performance needs. We
are currently working on cracking the code that would allow us to
communicate with the ECMs on the 2011 and 2012 Dodge trucks. As soon as
we get this done we will be coming out with the Evolution CS and CTS
products for these vehicles.

Best regards,

Mark Hayward
Inside Sales
Powerteq
Edge Products
Superchips
1-888-360-3343 EXT 1138

Now I have used their product in my old 3500 and it was great. Great performance upgrade and the built in back up camera and pillar mount made it awesome. Never should have left the oil field for the navy clearly.

Cheers

Emorris69

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have good news from a consultant at Edge products. Here is the email I received from them just this morning.

Thank you for considering our products for your performance needs. We
are currently working on cracking the code that would allow us to
communicate with the ECMs on the 2011 and 2012 Dodge trucks. As soon as
we get this done we will be coming out with the Evolution CS and CTS
products for these vehicles.

Best regards,

Mark Hayward
Inside Sales
Powerteq
Edge Products
Superchips
1-888-360-3343 EXT 1138

Now I have used their product in my old 3500 and it was great. Great performance upgrade and the built in back up camera and pillar mount made it awesome. Never should have left the oil field for the navy clearly.

Cheers

Emorris69

Not trying to be a D*** but this has been brought up multiple times on all the other "tuner" threads. My buddy said they (Edge) just had a set back with it but they are still inw and no set date for release with it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
not at all. I don't expect this to mean next week but at least they are saying that when they crack it they are going to make a full line of programmers. Its clearly a tough code to crack and well id rather know the thing I want is coming then not know and be left out in the cold

1 - 20 of 71 Posts