DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Moderators, would it be possible to have this thread set up as a Stcky?

I have been asked to see if I can get an idea of how many people are disapointed with the Uconnect streaming audio sound quality.
I would like to start a list of people with any of the 2011 Chrysler brands (Chrysler, Dodge Jeep) that also have a Mitsubishi radio in the vehicle (RES, REQ, RBZ, RHB). I mention all three because people will fnd similar information on an issue when searching online but may have a different CHrysler brand.
Let's start a numbered list please. You can quote the reply from the next person, cut out the names and place them into he body of your reply, then add your information. What I need is your screen name, vehicle type and radio model. Thanks for your assistance.

EX: (example will be contiued in the next reply)

xsdbs 2011 Wrangler RHB

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have been asked to see if I can get an idea of how many people are disapointed with the Uconnect streaming audio sound quality.
I would like to start a list of people with any of the 2011 Chrysler brands (Chrysler, Dodge Jeep) that also have a Mitsubishi radio in the vehicle (RES, REQ, RBZ, RHB). I mention all three because people will fnd similar information on an issue when searching online but may have a different CHrysler brand.
Let's start a numbered list please. You can quote the reply from the next person, cut out the names and place them into he body of your reply, then add your information. What I need is your screen name, vehicle type and radio model. Thanks for your assistance.

EX: (here you'll notice that I cut my information out and added it into the body of my reply below).

1) xsdbs 2011 Wrangler RHB

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I thought the bluetooth streaming from my phone sounded pretty good.

I have the 730N radio.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2011 Crew Cab Sport with RBZ. Sound quality sucks.
Ok, great. Is it possible to start the list and add your information as in the example that I provided? It won't work very well with a buch of replies about the issue. that way there is a list with the number of members. Thanks

2) 4play1 2011 RAm RBZ

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you sir will want to go to the thread that is linked below and see my post #41. I have the update file and instructions that you need for your particular issue there.

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108564&page=5&highlight=2012+uconnect

******NOTE****** this is not the update that I am talking about for this thread about streaming audio, most members here have already performed this update which was for the choppy audio. This update would need to be done first before the next (possible) update would be performed.

I have a problem and it sounds like a skipping cd

·
Registered
130 Posts
2) 4play1 2011 Ram RBZ
Blue tooth sound quality sucks. Rather use audio cord
2) 4play1 2011 Ram RBZ
3) new2ram 2011 Ram RHB

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had serious issues streaming bluetooth audio exactly described and resolved in this post by the OP. I don't use it a lot, but at least now it's an option!

2) 4play1 2011 Ram RBZ
3) new2ram 2011 Ram RHB
4) rgreen252 2011 Ram RHB
5) buccaneezer 2011 Ram RBZ

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Buccaneezer, Glad that I could help you out with that update. Hopefully between the 8 forums that I have this thread posted in, I'll get enough names to show that it is an issue. I have already been in discussions about it to a couple engineers that I know. They have shown interest but want to know how big of an issue it is.

2) 4play1 2011 Ram RBZ
3) new2ram 2011 Ram RHB

I had serious issues streaming bluetooth audio exactly described and resolved in this post by the OP. I don't use it a lot, but at least now it's an option!

2) 4play1 2011 Ram RBZ
3) new2ram 2011 Ram RHB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Streaming audio and phone call audio quality are both sub-par. Also, having to manually choose Dock Connector on iPhone and wait ~30 seconds for "Reading" sucks too.

2) 4play1 2011 Ram RBZ
3) new2ram 2011 Ram RHB
6) dwzild 2011 Ram RBZ

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ dwzild,
what is the build date of your truck? If it was built prior to 6-1-2011 have you had the TSB 08-036-11 revA applied to the Uconnect? If not and you don't want to hit the dealer for it, I have the update file and instructions. This may take care of part of this issue that you're having.
The choosing of the "Dock connector" was a force play that Apple was trying to make and have streaming audio the priority audio output, where you can direct the audio to the Apple tv, speakers, or any other Bluetooth device that the phone is paired to. Chrysler wants the USB connection to be the priority controller because you're in a "Hands Free environment", so if you're in BT mode and you plug the iPhone into the docking cable (with the update) Uconnect will automatically click onto the "docking" mode.
The waiting during the reading mode, will happen the first time that the phone is plugged into the docking cable because Apple is sending all the meta data to Uconnect to put into a library. This time frame will be different depending on the amount of material that you have on the iPod / iPhone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@ dwzild,
what is the build date of your truck? If it was built prior to 6-1-2011 have you had the TSB 08-036-11 revA applied to the Uconnect? If not and you don't want to hit the dealer for it, I have the update file and instructions. This may take care of part of this issue that you're having.
The choosing of the "Dock connector" was a force play that Apple was trying to make and have streaming audio the priority audio output, where you can direct the audio to the Apple tv, speakers, or any other Bluetooth device that the phone is paired to. Chrysler wants the USB connection to be the priority controller because you're in a "Hands Free environment", so if you're in BT mode and you plug the iPhone into the docking cable (with the update) Uconnect will automatically click onto the "docking" mode.
The waiting during the reading mode, will happen the first time that the phone is plugged into the docking cable because Apple is sending all the meta data to Uconnect to put into a library. This time frame will be different depending on the amount of material that you have on the iPod / iPhone.
Build date was 5-11. The uConnect module date is 2011/04/15 with an "AK" part number. Does the bulletin you referenced apply, or will the newer TSB apply?

·
Registered
6 Posts
@XSDBS,

Apparently, I have the newer "2012" uConnect HFM. I was able to apply the 08-018-12 update. I no longer have to chose which output to use when USB cable is connected. uConnect BT is no longer an option when plugged in. Haven't played with it too much. I'll tinker around tomorrow. Thanks for all your info in multiple threads on multiple forums.

I don't want to steer this thread in the wrong direction b/c I know you are trying to get 2011 BT issues resolved. Just wanted to give you a shout out.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@ dwzild
Great, so it seems that your system is now working correctly. Steraming audio won't be an option while the docking cable is pluggen in. This the way that Chrysler wants it and the only way to work around Apples desire to be in control. If for some reason that you want to stream audio and charge the phone / iPod at the same time, then what I did was to purchase a USB charger that fits into the cig lighter port.
But really there are several reasons to go with the docking cable but these are the main ones:
1) full library control thru the radio by browsing or voice commands,
2) charging during play,

@XSDBS,

Apparently, I have the newer "2012" uConnect HFM. I was able to apply the 08-018-12 update. I no longer have to chose which output to use when USB cable is connected. uConnect BT is no longer an option when plugged in. Haven't played with it too much. I'll tinker around tomorrow. Thanks for all your info in multiple threads on multiple forums.

I don't want to steer this thread in the wrong direction b/c I know you are trying to get 2011 BT issues resolved. Just wanted to give you a shout out.

Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts