DODGE RAM FORUM banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
It looks like your vehicle is a 2011, is that correct?
The RHB radio and Uconnect are 2 separate units and each have their own SW. The radio may have the most current SW version but have you had the Uconnect module updated? There are 2 SW updates for it and one of the 2 is for the Streaming audio sound quality.

I have a thread with the updates and instructions. They have to be done in the order that is listed in the thread:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=127060&highlight=2011+uconnect+update

Sorry about that. I have the RHB with the newest updates. Streaming quality is horrid with a crackling sound

·
Registered
43 Posts
omg so glad i found this thread.

i have a 2011 that has been plagued with the poor quality tinny sounding bluetooth audio. I had done the first update right when my iphone started having issues with the chipmunk skipping audio. But for years i'd dealt with the crappy bluetooth audio. Now after this update it is greatly improved... i no longer will have to use my aux cable out of the headphone jack.

thanks a ton!

also did the software update for the radio itself. from 20.02.01 to the 33.01.23 then to 50.00.07

everything went smooth. loving it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 S That I am trying to sell, partially because the radio sucks, barely connects to my phone, Bluetooth is crappy quality and delayed from my phone. All around crap radio.

1) xsdbs 2011 Wrangler RHB
2) 4play1 2011 RAm RBZ
3) lcpldurante 2011 Chrysler 200 430N/RHB

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 S That I am trying to sell, partially because the radio sucks, barely connects to my phone, Bluetooth is crappy quality and delayed from my phone. All around crap radio.

1) xsdbs 2011 Wrangler RHB
2) 4play1 2011 RAm RBZ
3) lcpldurante 2011 Chrysler 200 430N/RHB
The RBZ I had in my RAM was ok, never had problems with the uconnect or audio streaming.

·
Registered
89 Posts
necroed i just wanted to comment no matter which updates you do to the radios in these years mopar cars there is nothing you can do to get quality sound from bluetooth. my wife and i bought a 2011 ram 1500 big horn and a 2012 wrangler unlimited sahara within a week of each other when they were new. i have done a lot of research on this. basically some people can not hear the difference ( after the updates ) but to me it sounds like absolute crap ( i am a audiophile ) basically they went with the cheapest Bluetooth possible. in bluetooth the data is sent in packets ( think of them like envelopes with a max capacity of only one page , each page is only able to have "x" many letters) the hardware in this generation is not capable of handling enough data for clear sound. ( the packet size is too small- think of this like you need 60 letters on the page but you can only get 45 ) the next gen uconnect is fine from personal experiance. there is nothing any update can fix. i have been told the problem is the hardware can not accept any bigger packets.

i hope that is clear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
"11 Sport 4X4 crew 1500. I have the 730N Uconnect and the bluetooth sucks with my Samsung S5 while streaming audio. Continually buffers. No problem with my phone in other vehicles.
I had similar issues with my 12 Ram and S4. I could never figure out if it was Samsung causing issues or the Uconnect. Upgraded to S7 and still had issues so I eventually put a Pioneer headunit in and it worked great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apologies for necro'ing this in advance after such a lengthy period. So after thorough study of both threads related to this issue, I've got both of the TSB files needed to patch the bluetooth stutter/chipmunk problem at the ready (of course, only one at a time on the drive).

Problem - Mean ol' UConnect lady keeps saying to put the drive into the port and try again! :-(

I'm dealing with a 2011 Grand Cherokee with an RHB model built towards the end of 2010, so obviously it's going to need these two files flashed to it (heck, I actually see that there's an even newer one in the form of 08-031-16). I was able to update the actual radio firmware up to the 50.01.01 found on mygig-disk without issue (had to do it via CD).

I've popped the panel in the armrest loose AND the panel with the rear vents/110vac outlet to make sure the wiring was seated well in the back of the port. Seems fine. It's all taped up and snug as if it's never been touched til I did it right then. It does NOT light up when the engine is running. Everything else far as voice commands and stuff work fine (best I can tell, at least). I assume that the port not lighting up means it no worky. I also tried the suggestion I saw about changing the extension of the file to .upn instead of .upd (just in case maybe it was a case of the light not coming on).

So THAT being said, where can I check that connection on the back end? I believe I've read elsewhere that the HFM is on the driver's side behind the trim that's covered when the door is closed, but it's gotten cold and rainy out, so now's the time to ask so I can take another stab at it over the weekend. Is there a fuse I can inspect/reseat/replace? If no, is there a way to pop a USB extension cable into the HFM itself and try the update process that way?

Thanks and sorry again for stepping all over an old post!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Idr sorry. Either way. It won't fix it. There is 1 fix, aftermarket stereo. Iirc I explain in this thread why. Tldr they compress the audio
Kinda had the fear of that since the USB port is boogered. The damn thing used to work though, so who even knows when that happened. I did see your post about the compression which makes absolute sense because science. Just saw some other success stories, so had an inkling of hope doncha know.

Unfortunately this thread is the only REAL source of information about this problem to be found thru all the scouring I've done in search of an answer, so yeah. Guess I need to start shopping or dig out ye olde aux cord. . .

FWIW, we only started experiencing this issue when we moved from Google Pixel to Google Pixel 3a model phones.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts