DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Banned
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my truck back this afternoon after 13 long days in the shop. Im out putting my 100miles on it as we speak. Im at 91.3 and im letting it cool off for half an hour then its a couple WOT videos. I havent got it over 3k yet, but its more than noticeable. I used the Hypertech to adjust the tire height and gear ratio. Heres a pic of 70mph on cruise...notice rpms and mpg

A 0-80mph Run. You have to click the picture below......dont mind the tad bit of tire spin :D

· Banned
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
13 days! WOW!! Did you go with a LSD also?
Why would anyone go through that much trouble and not as least go LSD. I had a factory lsd, most ceratinly wouldnt downgrade to pegleg status. This is from my video, letf my Swamper mark!

need help, thought we could only go as high as 4.10 gears as we couldn't fit anything else in our zf axles.
You can go 4.56, it just depends on how knowledgeable your shop is!

Spinning 37s is insane!!! :)
I reall thought you'd get a kick out of it lol. Its definately more of a howl than a squeel :Wow1:

· Banned
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Hypertech works for the 11s & 12s. There are a few other 11s on this board using it as well. You can only do small things like tires and gear ratio. In this case with a gear swap and 37s its kinda crucial. Dont have any worries bc it DOES work. It can also update to the programmer when it comes out. Chances are I'll get a diablo and sell this thing tho.

Timmy what gears you got planned?

· Banned
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I vote 4.56 for sure!!!!!!! DTT would be nice for a dd. I drive 40-50 miles a day but Im out in the woods and hunt alot. An lsd, even the dtt wouldn't quite cut it. DTT is great for majority of the people tho! The Powertrax No-Slip would have been a good option if they had one for our truck. Might be waiting a while for that and the dtt or any traction devices for that matter. Either way do it as soon as you can, you won't regret it.

· Banned
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's not really a list needed. When your diff guy opens it up he'll see the issue with the ring gear not bolting to the carrier. What he needs to do is get both those parts takin to a machine shop. The bolt pattern for the ring gear is changed and also the ring gear bolts aren't long enough. The holes on the back plate have to be counter-bored to allow the bolt to come through. The new carrier is also much stronger and is a harder metal. Not too sure what it'll cost, but dont be suprised if they ask for a couple hundred bucks. Are you open diff or lsd? If you're open and want to do to an LSD then a few other pieces are needed. I can find out if you'd like...

· Banned
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thor, I'll get that info from the shop tomorrow. I didnt forget about you.

GtaHemi, dont waste your money going from 3.55-3.92. You said you want to upgrade, thats not an upgrade. If your gonna swap out gears go 4.56 and don't think twice about it :D

· Registered
3,095 Posts
Wanna just send me your rear carrier and ill send you money and my stock LSD :) There are definitely no shops out here i would trust doing all that lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.