DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions that they have used on there 2012 (or 2011 as i believe they have the same suspension set up) for lift kits, wheels and tires. Im thinking of using 20" wheels if i can find them (black and teflon preferably). Also 2-4" lift just cant find any for the 2012's. Please let me know with any tips, advice or suggestions. Pictures would be helpful as well!

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Based on the research ive done, I can't find any companies that make lift kits for 2012s yet. At least for 4x2s. I saw that Zone makes a 4 inch and 6 inch for 4x4s.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Call BDS suspension for the lift. I used to deal with Jason over there and they are fairly well respected as a great Dodge lift. As far as wheels and tires that is all up to personal choice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I learned today that almost any aftermarket suspension change will void the warranty, does anyone know where to buy mopar aftermarket performance parts? ive seen pictures of air intakes and other mods but cant find where to buy them from?

Thanks

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Theres 3 or 4 lift companies with lifts out for the 12s now. The front diff brackets changed from 11-12. Wheels and tires are all personal choice, too many options! As far as a lif voiding your warranty, thats not true at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
candy08, what companies do you know of that offer for the new 12's? and any suggestions, etc... if thats your sport in the picture its pretty close to what im looking for, would love to hear details. Also i talked to the dealership today and they said that changing the suspension would void the warranty, but ive also read that if you put on a Mopar lift then you might be able to get around the void..

·
Registered
26 Posts
candy08, what companies do you know of that offer for the new 12's? and any suggestions, etc... if thats your sport in the picture its pretty close to what im looking for, would love to hear details. Also i talked to the dealership today and they said that changing the suspension would void the warranty, but ive also read that if you put on a Mopar lift then you might be able to get around the void..
From what I've researched, most lift kits do not void your warranty. After talking to many different companies about this what I've gathered is that the dodge service department insists that any aftermarket lifts installed by a 3rd party voids the warranty to better promote their repackaging of the superlift kits and charge you alot more than most shops will for labor. I paid $288 to install my suspension leveling kit at Integrity Car Care with alignment included. The dealership wanted almost $2k for a similar kit. People can argue this until they're blue in the face, but I fail to see how a spacer sitting on top of the strut deteriorates factory components that aren't inherently flawed; especially when the Mopar kits have nearly the same parts and install procedures. But that's just my perspective.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts