DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently replaced the cam shaft and lifters on my 2012 ram with the 5.7 hemi. I set the timing with the Mark's on the chain and cam at 12 o clock , key on crank at 2 o clock, and crank mark and chain mark at 6.
I replaced the head gaskets also.
After installing the heads and intake manifold as well as everything else I started it up and it was running really rough. It woukd clear up at higher rpm but at idle it would stall out and die. I took the manifold back off and there was gas filled at the front driverside intake valve all the way up to where the injector would be. I dont know if there is some electrical conection or vacume line I forgot. Honestly I'm really lost and need this expensive paper weight running again. I belive the p0300 code popped up also. Something about multiple random missfire. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really do want to belive the timing is right as I timed it with the oil pump off so I could truly see the crank mark and after several turns every mark would line up once again. Thanks in advance...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts