DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2012 5.7 hemi with bad lifters/cam replaced lifters, cam, pushrods, etc. got it all back together and it turns over good and almost starts, but won’t start. Thoughts on where I could have gone wrong? Scanner found issues with o2 sensor, catalyst monitor, O2 sensor heater monitor, and EGR/VVT I think. Any help or ideas appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a 2012 5.7 hemi with bad lifters/cam replaced lifters, cam, pushrods, etc. got it all back together and it turns over good and almost starts, but won’t start. Thoughts on where I could have gone wrong? Scanner found issues with o2 sensor, catalyst monitor, O2 sensor heater monitor, and EGR/VVT I think. Any help or ideas appreciated.
what kind of cam and lifters did you replace it with?

·
Registered
2012 RAM 1500
326 Posts
You need a startup tune when using aftermarket CAMS. I hope you also did the MDS delete while in there...lol..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it could be the timing so I tore it all back apart even the oil pump off to make sure the timing was on. Now what should I look at next?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey did you figure it out ?
I'm thinking I have the same issue with cam and lifters but haven't pulled the trigger on buying the parts .. I'm not even sure that's my issue I guess I'll have to pull the heads to find out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts