DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2012 6.7 and hear that it good for it to remove the particulate filter from the exhaust. This is done with a bolt in pipe. The part I'm not sure of is the computer chip or tuner? i don't want to up fuel or HP with the tuner just trick the Pc to thinking the cats/filters are still there. Does anyone have any Ideas?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
its all good till you get caught at roadside stop or whatever. i
It's not illegal everywhere. We can remove our entire exhaust system and drive around with open headers, the only stipulation is the exhaust volume. Of course removal of the cats is illegal in every state as it's federal law, but dpf and egr removal is only covered under certain state regulations in states that bother to regulate diesel engines. Diesels get away with a lot more than their gas counterparts.

·
Registered
15,700 Posts
It's not illegal everywhere. We can remove our entire exhaust system and drive around with open headers, the only stipulation is the exhaust volume. Of course removal of the cats is illegal in every state as it's federal law, but dpf and egr removal is only covered under certain state regulations in states that bother to regulate diesel engines. Diesels get away with a lot more than their gas counterparts.
wonder if i can talk wife into moving to where it is legal just so i can get a diesel and remove all the epa crap and have a good running diesel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts