DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have been pondering the idea of getting a few inhale/exhale mods for my 2012 Express.

Vararam intake, fastman throttle body, magna flow y pipe and cherry bomb exhaust.

Will this setup decrease my low end tq enough to piss me off wishing I had waited for a tuner? I'm thinking the stock ECU will not be able to adjust properly to the increased air velocity. Should I hold off on all these or just maybe do the exhaust and slap a K&N panel filter in for now...till a tuner is ready?

Any and all advice is much appreciated...

·
Registered
360 Posts
The intake and exhaust should not hurt the torque (in my opinion), I am not an expert in the throttle body department so I cannot help you there. I can guarantee that intake and exhaust will improve the sound quality, (until mds kicks in). ;)

·
Registered
217 Posts
...till a tuner is ready?
People are optimistic, but a tuner may never be available. We like to think the folks at Diablosport are in the lab 24/7 working on this, but who knows? I heard they were trying work with Mopar about this, but Mopar went through the trouble to lock the code down, why would they cave now?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
As long as you don't go big with your pipe size on the Ypipe, muffler, etc....you should be good. You'll still have enough restriction and back pressure to not impact your low end torque.

I had read you 2011+ owners have a programmer problem. Hope they get that sorted out for ya soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeap I will be going with the Magnaflow y pipe and cherry bomb center 3" in and double 3" out. Leaving the rest of the piping stock. Might change the tips out with some black chrome ones from Silverline...not 100% sure tho.

I will just pull the trigger on all I mentioned earlier except for the fast man TB. If anything I will hopefully get slightly better MPG's. In 5 years of driving with this setup It will pay for itself! :4-looney:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts