DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I am not sure, but i believe that you can get the Express in every configuration
Standard, Quad, Crew & maybe other cabs & 2X4 or 4X4 drives
It is the stripped down version, but you can get upgrades,
like ordering the Brake Controller that also gives you the Full Functional EVIC
i believe that there is another option that gives you Steering Wheel Controls for the EVIC & Radio
The radio is also upgradable to the RBZ non navigation, RHB with Nav, or the RHR with Nav, all have the Uconnect & Sirius options
The stock radio RES is a base model radio, similar to having a 1970 radio in 2012, you can get the Uconnect & Sirius options on it also, no touch screen though

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well, depends how much you want to spend, what options you want and what you're using it for. I got the express because I like the color matched bumpers and the sports cost more. It's comfortable enough for me for long trips and the quad cab has plenty of room. Wish I got the EVIC, so if you go with the express get that for sure. But it does what I need it to do.

It comes down to if you like chrome or color matched bumpers and how many frills you like inside. I wanted basic seats so I didn't worry too much about the dog being in the truck, so I didn't really think about opting for the sport.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I love my Big Horn. Going by the sales brochure, it is about middle of the road as far as features etc.

I love the rear bumper with the cutouts for the exhaust, and I am partial to the chrome bumpers....looks more truckish IMHO.

The evic is definitely nice to have........the leather wrapped wheel is luxurious....

As far as room? The quad cab is good for the occasional rear seat occupant. But if you are going to be hauling people more often, I felt the crew cab was the way to go, even though you lose 5 inches of bed space.

No matter what configuration you go with, you will have a winner!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Basically comes down to chrome or no chrome,both are nice trucks.I personally prefer the monotone interior of the sport,thats what did it for me.Good luck with your choice...

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
the sport interior is much nicer looking in my opinion since i didnt care for the 2 tone. between that and not wanting any chrome on this truck the sport was obvious choice for me.
i dont think you can go wrong with either the sport or big horn they both are great trucks. i would stay away from the express just because i like all the things that arent available with the express

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love my Big Horn. Going by the sales brochure, it is about middle of the road as far as features etc.

I love the rear bumper with the cutouts for the exhaust, and I am partial to the chrome bumpers....looks more truckish IMHO.

The evic is definitely nice to have........the leather wrapped wheel is luxurious....

As far as room? The quad cab is good for the occasional rear seat occupant. But if you are going to be hauling people more often, I felt the crew cab was the way to go, even though you lose 5 inches of bed space.

No matter what configuration you go with, you will have a winner!
9 inches of bed space lost.....5'7...6'4

·
Registered
28 Posts
i got the 12 lonestar CC 2WD and love it looked at the express but they look way to cheap on the interior and i liked the chrome bumpers if i wanted color matched bumpers i would go with the sport cause tue express is not nice enough on the inside. Just my 2cents

1 - 15 of 15 Posts