DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before your part with an extra $400 for the chrome clad (plastic) 20 inch wheels on your 2012 Big Horn. Check out the standard wheels. This year (2012) they are "polished aluminum with painted pockets" then clear coated. Last year they were painted aluminum (like on the 2012 Express, SLT and Outdoorsman). The 2012 Big Horn standard wheel is a very nice looking wheel that doesn't need a $400 "plastic hub cap". Just sayin'.

Tom

·
Registered
63 Posts
I kind of agree with you and looked at both options on the Big Horns. To me the polished aluminum wheels started to look a little strange with the chrome bumpers. I ended up going with the chrome clads and it keeps a much more uniform look. Just my two cents as far as overall look goes.

Also, the sticker shows the chrome wheels costing $40. It's part of a larger package including other items (don't remember what they are off the top of my head)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taste is subjective, but the sticker price on chrome clad 20's on a Big Horn is $400. Just checked a window sticker. I do know what you mean about polished aluminum contrasting with chrome. I had that problem with one of my Harleys. I replaced all of the polished aluminum pieces with chrome...and that cost a bunch more than chrome clad wheels.

Tom

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem is they are not truly chrome clad. They are plastic chrome covers over the wheel...
Yep and very expensive plastic chrome covers. Not bashin' other folks' tastes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts