DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to replace the stock low and also the stock fog with some Silverstar Ultras. Having trouble finding the bulbs sizes for my year. Really hope they make a difference. And how bad is it to swap these bulbs out ? My F150 was real easy. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
H11 for the low beams. Fogs are 9145. I don't have my truck yet but from what I read on here and in the owners manual you have to take the headlight assembly out to replace the mains. Fogs are simple.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
There have been many people that have tried to replace the stockers with other halgoens and for some reason these headlights just dont put out the way they should without going to HIDs.

The price of silvsterars/PIAAs vs what you can get for a set of HIDs usually makes it so HIDs are cheaper in the long run anyway.

To get to the bulbs the housing does indeed have to be removed for the lows, the fogs are easily accessable by crawling under the front bumper

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
H11 for the low beams. Fogs are 9145. I don't have my truck yet but from what I read on here and in the owners manual you have to take the headlight assembly out to replace the mains. Fogs are simple.
Josh nailed it! You do have to pull the headlight housing to change the bulbs. If you have a very long extension and a #10 metric socket with some tape stuck in the end you can take the housing out without pulling the grill.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure those are the bulbs ? When i was searching i thought people where saying the wanted to change there bulbs but no h13 in silverstar ultra till this fall. Just want to make sure before i buy something on fleabay. Also want do you mean about using tape with the socket. Sorry but a little scary with such a new truck. Thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts