DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I had a mild fender-bender with a concrete marker (give me a break, it was my first vehicle). I recently got into possession of a replacement bumper and planned to replace it myself. I've seen multiple videos on how to replace Ram bumpers, some telling me to remove the grille and plastic covering over the bumper, others telling me to go under the vehicle; but am unsure of which method to use. Can anyone offer some insight?

This is my first post to this forum, I apologize if I posted in the wrong area.

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
I am just guessing here

If you have a big air dam attached to the front bumper, that will have to be removed, so that you can get to the bumper brackets

this image is of a 2016 Ram 1500 front bumper w/ the air dam still attached

If you decide to make the job easier, taking the grille out is fairly easy using power tools or at least a ratchet & extensions.
(as a side note, once the grille is out, do yourself a favor & replace your headlight bulbs with brighter bulbs, Dodge uses the cheapest bulbs made when they assemble their vehicles)

Removing the Grille
This is a HD Ram, not a 1500, but removing the grille & headlights use basically the same procedure, the close out panel has 6 fasteners on a 1500

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptcqtJg189s

1 - 2 of 2 Posts