DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if I can install 2012 RAM steering wheel controls on my 2011. I have a sport model so they are already there. I want the uconnect function though. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
I was looking at the same thing however I have been told by my dealer that I am looking at around $2200 for the install and labour........All I said was OUCH.....I also like all the controls on the wheel......

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it can't be that much... I find that the dealers are the dumbest when it comes to questions like this. I had a 2010 camaro that I installed the same thing on. It was like 150 dollars. just a harness and the buttons.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
WOW if that was the case I would definately do that however it seems that you always pay more through the dealer....I have no idea how you came up with that price.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd also go for that upgrade. And I really wonder that no one has tried that "pimp" if I were in the US I would buy the parts and try the swap. I am pretty sure it can not be too dificult. Almost everything is there on the 11. I'd also love the Uconnect on my steering wheel!

Timiboy

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Yeah it seems much more convienient....i was thinking that maybe I should have waited for the 2012....LOL...Oh well I'm glad that i didn't.....LOL

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Think the 2 areas are different sizes not sure but if you dont have to buy a whole new steering wheel cant see it being over 500

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would love to have the 2012 controls on mine. I would probably be happy if I just had the button to answer the phone from my controls. Never understood why they didn't have that feature from the get go.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would love to have the 2012 controls on mine. I would probably be happy if I just had the button to answer the phone from my controls. Never understood why they didn't have that feature from the get go.
Any chance you have a pic of what you are speaking of?? Haven't seen the 2012 steering wheel. Phone buttons on the steering wheel would be nice! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Has anyone taken out the buttons on the steering wheel to paint the silver areas to match the truck? if you have, can you tell if there are electronics attached to the button assembly or are they just buttons. If they are just buttons, then maybe a swap of the button modules is all that is needed..

I hope someone can answer this.

Andy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts