DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we have the over head console, w home link and power sliding window switch. I see the home link and window switch, I see a little interior light in the console. but there is a small recessed area that has something in it. Dont know what is for or why its there. I will post picts when the wife gets home, she has the truck.

Any thoughts...

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
3 buttons for Homelink, usually garage doors & gates
1 Green light that they call the Ash Tray Light
2 Map/Interior lights
Sliding rear window switch

I believe the other thing is a SENSOR, if headlights from a vehicle behind you are at a certain brightness & shine on your rear view mirror, the glare may blind you, the sensor reads the brightness & automatically pivots the mirror to reduce the glare.
The little light on your mirror is on when it is ready for that function

On vehicles several years ago, there was a lever on the bottom of the rear view mirror, that you had to flip to reduce glare

http://apps.volvocars.us/ownersdocs/1994/1994_850/images/fff102.jpg

·
Registered
718 Posts
Temp sensor, can someone verify this? Because I have wondered the same thing. I know it's not for my mirrors. The mirror sensor is part of the mirror. I tested that with my fingers. On the mirror their is a green light. Next to that their is the sensor. Put your finger over it and watch you mirrors change from tinted to normal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If I'm right if you do not have the EVIC its where the Homelink indicator light will be. If you have the EVIC setup there is no indicator light installed since Homelink goes through the EVIC. Reason I say this is when I was setting up my Homelink with the manual that came with the truck indicated this is where the Homelink indicator light is.......drove me crazy cause when I followed the instructions the light didn't work, spent a while then came in and looked at the CD owners manual and it explained that if equipped with EVIC Homelink works through that, went back outside and sure enought there it was in the EVIC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts