DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade the headlights on my 2012 express to the ones you see on the laramies and the sports. Is this something you can just buy and they fit right in with existing wiring and bulbs without making any additional mods? I know its a subtle difference but I like the sport/laramie headlights so much better

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I assume your talking going from duals to quads?

If your already going the headlight swap route you might want to look into some aftermarket projectors and just go full out light upgrade from the get go.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The quads are what is on the upgraded trucks, they have individual bulbs for the low and high beams vs the duals which have a single bulb for both high and low.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
The stock headlights on the Sport and up have Two bulbs for each headlight. One is for low beam and the other is for the High beam hence "quad" because you have four bulbs total. Dual just means the headlights you have now use one bulb for low and high beam.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry its been so long since i've been on here, but i would like to go from dual to quad, is that a pain in the butt to do, or can i just unplug my old ones and put in the new ones?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does anyone have any for sale by chance? ive been looking and hell even on ebay they are really high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts