DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
The express has the same 6 speed transmission as the other Ram 1500's (which is also the same as the prior "5 speed" just renamed).

The "sport" hood will fit on the express. I don't know that you can order it that way from the factory, but it will bolt on if you buy it separate. It is non functional, just FYI. It's purely cosmetic.

I'm sure bigger brakes would fit...I think there are "big brake" kits, for a lot of money though.

Look into RIPP superchargers, they have a kit for the new rams that is very safe, and basically doesn't change anything as far as throwing codes/engine lights, etc. I would guess MDS still works with their kit, but don't know for sure.

I would also suggest getting 3.92 and LSD from the factory, it's cheap oem, but very expensive aftermarket. Also, the "trailer brake controller" option (I think like $300) will also get you the EVIC display on the dash which has oil temp, coolant temp, tire pressure monitor, trans temp, mpg, etc.... well worth the money, I'd recommend getting that as well.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
It would be very difficult, expensive, and time consuming to make the sport hood functional as it has the reinforcing cross members right in the way of the scoops...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.