DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm trying to imagine this and I can't see it lookin' good. I'd say you'd be better off doing a full replacement bumper. That's what I'd do and then I'd sell the sport bumper on here to get some of my $$$$ back. That's just me though.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
A guy I work with used to have a front hitch on his 2003 ? Chevy Silverado. All you could see was the square hole just under the center of the front bumper. I didn't see how it was mounted up but I always thought that was a pretty cool idea.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just mounted a warn Trans4mer which mount on my Ram. Underneath it I have a 2" receiver hitch mounted.
I will post a picture later

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you pm me with your email, I will email you the pic of mine on my express. I cannot post a picture here for a few more days. I didnt have to cut the bumper, but it does deflect the lower air dam about a half an inch if you do not cut. I used the curt hitch from etrailer. The install was pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Has anyone put a front hitch on their 2012 ram 1500 SPORT? If so can you please post a pic, thanx.
Doesn't it just all mount to the tow hook bolts. You will have to cut out a hole on the lower air dam. All you are cutting is the black insert. Your bumper and such should remain unchanged. The tow hook bolts are designed for pulling just like the hitch and mount to the frame.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My hitch had 4 bolts. Two are the tow hook bolt holes, ready to go and easy. The other two required drilling holes in the frame and then fishing bolts through the frame. It was relatively easy with the fish wires they supplied. I did not cut my air dam and am totally happy with the result. My big error was not drilling the holes at 17/32 as the instructions and using 1/2" drill instead. It all looked good until the fish wire wouldn't quite fit and I lost a bolt in the frame. 15 minutes with a magnet and I was back for the second attempt that worked fine with the right size hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts